Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Ruger v browning (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/ruger-v-browning-63781/)

nm555 05-03-2012 11:25 PM

So im looking at getting either a browning buck mark camper our a ruger mark 3 standard anf am looking for some feedback on both.

Also what ammo do you use in yours?

HOSSFLY 05-03-2012 11:52 PM

Whew------Toss a coin :confused:
Had both & i belive i'd give a slight edge to the Browning :)
Can't really say why----Style mabe :cool:

Forgot-- I use CCI Mini Mags in all my 22's-------

sweeper22 05-04-2012 12:48 AM

Both guns are excellent. It varies from one pistol to the next, but neither is terribly finicky about ammo. The 50-100rd boxes of CCI and Winchester will usually run best, especially Mini-Mags.

The Ruger is a bit more common, available in a wider range of finishes and barrel lengths, and supported by more aftermarket products. It also requires a takedown that would challenge MacGyver himself the first few attempts.

I like both. I'd probably give the edge to Browning for no other reason than personal tastes.

Hairtrigger 05-04-2012 01:32 AM

Right out of the box I believe the Browning is the hands down winner.
If you want to buy aftermarket goodies then the Ruger is for you.
Keep in mind the goodies add up. After buying the Ruger and all the goodies, why not just buy a S&W 41?

ineverFTF 05-04-2012 11:32 AM

This is just me ive fired both and personaly like the ruger better, the browning is still an excellent gun, use whatever feels best in your hands

therewolf 05-04-2012 03:00 PM

IF you ever want to mount a scope, the Ruger MKIII has a Nambu-style

slide, which makes scope mounting much easier on that design.

My Ruger MKII, with a scope, is a 50 yard pistol.

jjfuller1 05-04-2012 03:15 PM

12 one way a dozen the other. you have selected the top two pistols in .22lr on the market. it basically would come down to does one feel better in your hands? does one look slightly better to you? both are accurate, both are reliable, both can use most bulk ammo, as long as you keep them clean. ive shot both, and would probly give the edge to the browning for price. but then is there ever a bad ruger?

PlasticGunner 05-04-2012 10:53 PM

I have a ruger Mark III 22/45 and is about my favorite to shoot because it is so accurate at a real distance and if you like moding guns there are many for it.... But then again I would love to own a buckmark. I do not think you can go wrong with either.

Axxe55 05-04-2012 11:03 PM

i can personally recommend the Ruger as i own one. very good pistol and accurate. i have shot the Browning many years ago, also an excellent pistol and very well amde from a company with an excellent reputation for quality. either one would serve you well and neither would be a bad choice. maybe which ever one feels the best in your hand might be the tie breaker.

elmerfudge 05-04-2012 11:19 PM

I have a Mark III and put 300-400 rounds down range every week on the 50' range. My mods include Williams Fire Sight fiber optic sights and Volthane grips. I've also removed the magazine safety which allows the mags to drop freely.

I've owned more than 50 handguns of all calibers and the Mark III is in the top 3 of favorites.

I typically shoot Winchester 36 gr. copper coated hollow point only because I can get quantity 555 at Walmart for < $20.00.

I broke the Ruger in with CCI mini mag (500) rounds.

Safe to say you would be happy with either pistol.