Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger SR9 safety causing magazine not to seat.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Ruger SR9 safety causing magazine not to seat.

First trip to the range with my SR9. It appears that the ambidextrous safety has shifted and is not allowing the magazine to be seated. It happened when I field stripped it to clean before going to the range. I thought I had it fixed. Any ideas?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 649

contact ruger. they are pretty good with customer service

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #3

Liked 214 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 15

As covered all ready contact rugers CS. They will get it right at know cost to you.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Like the others have recommended contact Ruger's Customer Service. I have first hand experience with their customer service and they do a fantastic job. My only complaint is the first time I sent it to be reassembled when it returned the saftey was not working right, so I had to send it back. However, they appologized for it not working right, so they sent me two free magazines as compensation for having to send it back.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 01-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Ok folks time for a lesson in Haste makes waste. This is hard for me to admit but it's also a lesson to be learned from that in this situation was harmless but could have been disastrous!

I was taking a friend shooting who had never been before but is wanting to buy a pistol. I loaded up several varieties while in a hurry and out the door I went. Toting my sr9 with a hand full of beretta magazines. They were side by side in the gun safe and are similar in dimensions. So after the non loading magazines I was taking the gun apart and saw made in Italy on two of the three magazines. I knew immediately what I had done. What a dork!!! Veteran shooter, avid hunter and one who trains in shooting.

The point of all this is in a bug out situation I would have been screwed!!! With all the large capacity weapons nowadays, keep your mags separated and the guns that take similar mags separated!!

I admit my mistake with shame and I hope I learn from it! Also, it may help someone else in a hasty situation!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1824 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Quote:
Originally Posted by losack View Post
Ok folks time for a lesson in Haste makes waste. This is hard for me to admit but it's also a lesson to be learned from that in this situation was harmless but could have been disastrous!

I was taking a friend shooting who had never been before but is wanting to buy a pistol. I loaded up several varieties while in a hurry and out the door I went. Toting my sr9 with a hand full of beretta magazines. They were side by side in the gun safe and are similar in dimensions. So after the non loading magazines I was taking the gun apart and saw made in Italy on two of the three magazines. I knew immediately what I had done. What a dork!!! Veteran shooter, avid hunter and one who trains in shooting.

The point of all this is in a bug out situation I would have been screwed!!! With all the large capacity weapons nowadays, keep your mags separated and the guns that take similar mags separated!!

I admit my mistake with shame and I hope I learn from it! Also, it may help someone else in a hasty situation!
Thanks for admitting this. It is a good lesson for all of us.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."