Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Ruger SR9 safety causing magazine not to seat. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/ruger-sr9-safety-causing-magazine-not-seat-55888/)

losack 01-20-2012 03:39 AM

Ruger SR9 safety causing magazine not to seat.

First trip to the range with my SR9. It appears that the ambidextrous safety has shifted and is not allowing the magazine to be seated. It happened when I field stripped it to clean before going to the range. I thought I had it fixed. Any ideas?

jjfuller1 01-20-2012 04:09 AM

contact ruger. they are pretty good with customer service

hardluk1 01-20-2012 02:42 PM

As covered all ready contact rugers CS. They will get it right at know cost to you.

Firearms4ever 01-20-2012 05:18 PM

Like the others have recommended contact Ruger's Customer Service. I have first hand experience with their customer service and they do a fantastic job. My only complaint is the first time I sent it to be reassembled when it returned the saftey was not working right, so I had to send it back. However, they appologized for it not working right, so they sent me two free magazines as compensation for having to send it back.

losack 01-21-2012 02:39 PM

Ok folks time for a lesson in Haste makes waste. This is hard for me to admit but it's also a lesson to be learned from that in this situation was harmless but could have been disastrous!

I was taking a friend shooting who had never been before but is wanting to buy a pistol. I loaded up several varieties while in a hurry and out the door I went. Toting my sr9 with a hand full of beretta magazines. They were side by side in the gun safe and are similar in dimensions. So after the non loading magazines I was taking the gun apart and saw made in Italy on two of the three magazines. I knew immediately what I had done. What a dork!!! Veteran shooter, avid hunter and one who trains in shooting.

The point of all this is in a bug out situation I would have been screwed!!! With all the large capacity weapons nowadays, keep your mags separated and the guns that take similar mags separated!!

I admit my mistake with shame and I hope I learn from it! Also, it may help someone else in a hasty situation!

JTJ 01-21-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losack (Post 684066)
Ok folks time for a lesson in Haste makes waste. This is hard for me to admit but it's also a lesson to be learned from that in this situation was harmless but could have been disastrous!

I was taking a friend shooting who had never been before but is wanting to buy a pistol. I loaded up several varieties while in a hurry and out the door I went. Toting my sr9 with a hand full of beretta magazines. They were side by side in the gun safe and are similar in dimensions. So after the non loading magazines I was taking the gun apart and saw made in Italy on two of the three magazines. I knew immediately what I had done. What a dork!!! Veteran shooter, avid hunter and one who trains in shooting.

The point of all this is in a bug out situation I would have been screwed!!! With all the large capacity weapons nowadays, keep your mags separated and the guns that take similar mags separated!!

I admit my mistake with shame and I hope I learn from it! Also, it may help someone else in a hasty situation!

Thanks for admitting this. It is a good lesson for all of us.