Ruger SR9 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger SR9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker41 View Post
... @CA357: This may be a dumb question, but those targets you had in the link to your review, did you use a rest when shooting? What is your opinion on overall group sizes?
No, that's offhand. I don't use a rest for pistol shooting.

There shouldn't be that much price difference between new and used, so I would suggest you buy a new one if your wallet will support it. However, Ruger has repaired guns that I've bought used.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 02-20-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:49 AM   #12

Default Hmmm...

Hope ya'll don't kick me out, I had a last minute change of mind. I went with the Springfield XDM 9mm. The used SR9 I was looking at was sold (missed it by about 2 hours), so it was down to new stuff, and I couldn't get past the trigger on the new SR9. I also like the fact that you can single fire the XDM during a tactical reload or some other extreme situation, (I just don't agree with requiring the mag to be in the gun to operate it) the black on black looks a lot better than my brother's OD on black (which is why I think I had such a hard time with it "looking plastic").

Now, does anyone have any good places to buy 9mm ammo? Looks like Walmart is the "cheapest" for target and plinking around here.

Anyone ever used ammo made by Bitterroot Valley Ammunition company? (Montana) There is a pretty decent price on the 1k bulk box at RM Ammo, Buy Ammunition Online. Figured my brother and I could split it.

Is a 9mm worth reloading? Some quick math seems like it isn't.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:07 AM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2086 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 754

Good pick on the XDm. I have a XDm 40 myself. It's my primary HD gun and favorite range gun.

Walmart typically has the lowest priced ammo.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 03-01-2011, 03:15 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Springfield is a good brand and the XD series pistols are good pistols. Ya' did fine.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #15

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I've got the XDm with the 3.8" barrel. Good gun. I like the way it fits my had with the backstrap it came with, the XD gear it came with was a + too.
Enjoy it.