Ruger SR9...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger SR9...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger SR9...

Anyone see the Ruger SR9 yet? I fondled one yesterday at my suppliers shop. It looked and felt like a very solid and well built pistol. Even at the price he quoted me, ($449) I hesitate to purchase because I hate to be the first one to see if there are problems or not.

Also, I am waiting to see the Walther PPS and the Beretta Storm PX4 sub compact which are to start shipping in January 08. ($660 and $575 msrp I believe)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2008, 04:35 AM   #2

Subscribing for info on the SR9.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #3

There is a ton of info on the Ruger forum. Some good, some bad.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #4

Ok Thanks.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:20 AM   #5

mine has 400 rds thru it and operates so far without a prob. i bought it cause of the super slim grip it has. my wife is comfortable with it as a full size platform(9mm) unlike any other full size hg i got. the comp's and subcomp's have a bit too much recoil for the wife. she handles it well. i like the feel too. it's a good gun for the money. i feel if someone makes the mistake of putting my back to the wall ,i don't have to give up my sigs or colts ,beretta's for that matter. took the sig p250 out of my wifes night stand and put the sr9 in it as soon as i brought it home. it groups well at 20ft. 2 1/2 to 3" clusters . i mean for the money it's a good gun. looks nice as a full size service sized gun. slide is a bit stiff(still)(greased it which i don't normally do.) but it feeds well ,oh the mag release is definately a two hander but if you gotta insert another mag after 18 rds you better be reachin for a phone before the 2nd 17rd mag. problems reported with the mags that are supposedly tough to load are non exsistant for me. it's not my favorite gun but i would'nt mind handing it over to a cop to put in a evidence bag.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #6

I have enjoyed shooting mine and like the feel of the grip. The last time I had it out I had some problems with it not closing all the way to lock and fire. Had to bump the slide to get it to close. Not sure if it needed more lube or if it was a problem with the ammo. Cleaned it and re lubed it but have not had the time to take it to the range to test it out. It has not had enough rounds through it to really make a firm judgement on the trusting of this gun to always preform.