ruger sr22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > ruger sr22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1150 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 688

Default ruger sr22

so ive been on a search for a pistol fo rmy wife. she has turned in all the paperwork and now we just have to wait a couple months. so we had started looking because she was in the mood andi thought it might take awhile. well after narrowing down to the caliber to .22( which was hard because she loved the ruger lc9) i thought the recoil would still be too much for her as she has not shot too many handguns. she liked the idea of starting small and cheap so she can get comfortable and then have a good idea at a larger caliber later on. anyway. on to the good stuff. i showed her the walther p22, and she kinda liked it. said the grip looked wierd. but was nice. but i was leary of the so so reports it has. i had mentioned the sr22 but she again said so so... well when my buddy called this morning saying he finally had some sr22's come in. i told him to hold one. so this afternoon the wifey and i purchased a new sr22 for 400 OTD... did i mention i hate new york prices? hehe. everything felt so much smoother and more natural than the p22. including the mag release and safety. it felt identical to the sr9c but more compact. its going to come home with me tomorrow after i make a stop to the clerks office. and its mine ... till her permit arrives. hhehe. pics and range report to follow soon

well i went and got it today. but that was another adventure. ill stick to the gun. heres the unveiling and first looks.im going to show my wife all the ins and outs, takedown and cleaning it tonight. it comes with two mags and two different mag plates, or extensions. the extend mag plates are not a lot different but make a small difference in grip. it has two interchangable grip pads. a skinny one and fatter one. i like the fatter one. but my wife has decided yet. remove the magazine and sinply pull off one pad and push on the other. the slide is feels sturdy and moves smooth with very little effort. the safety is also a decocker. mag release button actually ejects the mag out a litttle and is not in the way of shooting grip. i quickly discovered that if the safe is on. you can rack the slide and the hammer will not stay back, put it on fire and rack it to make the hammer stay back. it has a magazine safety. pop out the mag and it will not fire. we have yet to shoot it and imnot sure when that will happen as its supposed to be 9 degrees out saturday.. bit cold to be holding metal in your hands. so i will add the shooting performance when ever we get to it.

0209021824.jpg   0209021901.jpg   0209021902.jpg  
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 02-10-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #2

Likes Given: 7

Months????? Get her a shotgun!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I want to pick one of these up too, as soon as one comes available locally. My LGS had one recently and I really liked how it felt in my hand. It is also great that it comes with 2 mags; something all of the other semiauto 22's seem to miss, i.e. Beretta , Sig, Walther, and S&W.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallascj View Post
I want to pick one of these up too, as soon as one comes available locally. My LGS had one recently and I really liked how it felt in my hand. It is also great that it comes with 2 mags; something all of the other semiauto 22's seem to miss, i.e. Beretta , Sig, Walther, and S&W.
yeah i payed more than i normally do but after my buddy called and said he had some i called around and no one else did. so i rushed right up there. the larger grip feels great in my hands. the wife likes the smaller grip. luckily they are easy to switch. taking it apart is quick but sometimes putting it together is a little tough. its a simple task just hard to manipulate the spring at first.
of a grieving mother

Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not sure what happened at my LGS. They had one in that was a display-only and said they would order them. I'm gone for mil duty for 2 weeks and come back and it's gone. They have the LCR version and the SP101, but I want the SR. I may go try to order it today. I don't remember what their price was, tho.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2219 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Looking forward to hearing a range report.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 02-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think she will like it. I was able to snag one for my wife (& me) right after they were released in January. Most of the local shops didn't even know that Ruger had a new one out. Several shops tried to sell me the rifle. We have put well over 800 rounds through it without a hiccup of any kind. We have run all kinds of ammo through it, mini-mag, Winchester, federal bulk, american eagle, Remington, both copper and not, hollow and round, 36 & 40 grain. It has been less picky than my Buckmark through the same boxes of ammo. Easy to clean and no wear to speak of on the alloy slide.

The wife likes it because the slide is easy for her to rack and it with the small grip it fits her very well. Impact guns even has magazines available if you can't find them locally.

Enjoy.

Ruger SR-22, Browning Buckmark Camper URX, Sig P250 2Sum 9mm, Beretta Nano, Winchester 101 Trap, CZ 512 Mossberg 500 Flex, Carbine MForgery, and soon a rifle length MForgery........and counting. Damn this is fun

Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots2little View Post
I think she will like it. I was able to snag one for my wife (& me) right after they were released in January. Most of the local shops didn't even know that Ruger had a new one out. Several shops tried to sell me the rifle. We have put well over 800 rounds through it without a hiccup of any kind. We have run all kinds of ammo through it, mini-mag, Winchester, federal bulk, american eagle, Remington, both copper and not, hollow and round, 36 & 40 grain. It has been less picky than my Buckmark through the same boxes of ammo. Easy to clean and no wear to speak of on the alloy slide.

The wife likes it because the slide is easy for her to rack and it with the small grip it fits her very well. Impact guns even has magazines available if you can't find them locally.

Enjoy.
same thing she like that she could rack the slide. i came across the extra mags this mornign but wanted to wait just a little to see if i can get them any cheaper
of a grieving mother

Old 02-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

well i ordered the mags from impactguns... fastest shipping ever... 3 days from utah to ny. they arrived today. hopefully we will go shooting either tody or tomorrow.. probly tomorrow ... range report very soon to follow

of a grieving mother

Old 02-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Impact is actually where I got the sr-22 for my wife. I had gone down to put a deposit on one that was supposed to be coming in and the had just unboxed it and put it in the case. Haven't been able to get back there to grab another magazine yet but will shortly. Haven't seen anywhere else, on the web or locally that actually has them in stock.

Have fun with it!