Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Ruger SR1911 or AR15? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/ruger-sr1911-ar15-59992/)

Duck4Glocks 03-11-2012 09:46 PM

Ruger SR1911 or AR15?
 
Once I finish moving and closing on this house. I'm looking to purchase a new firearm.

I really want the new Ruger SR1911. I do not own a 1911 but I own a couple of handguns already and carry a Glock 23. I have a M&P 15-22 but want an AR in 5.56.

I'm having trouble deciding if I want to go with another handgun or the AR. If I do the AR15 I will be building my own and spending about $700 to finish the build. The SR1911 is right around $700.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on what would be the best route.

USMC-03 03-11-2012 10:36 PM

I would go with the AR personally. If the government has it's way you may not be able to get one in the future...at least not without jumping through a ton of hoops.

Ledbetter84 03-11-2012 10:44 PM

If you can find the sr1911, go for it but it may take a while!

sputnik1988 03-11-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC-03 (Post 737028)
I would go with the AR personally. If the government has it's way you may not be able to get one in the future...at least not without jumping through a ton of hoops.

I have a tendency to agree to a point, I highly doubt that anyone will ban the AR. Maybe another assault weapons ban on the "evil" features but no total ban, at least i hope anyway.

With that being said, the likelihood that a 1911 will ever be unavailable is next to none. Although I've heard the Ruger ones are scarce.

MrWray 03-11-2012 10:54 PM

Those are two good selections, its like the perfect combo. The SR1911s have been having a long waiting list recently,so get your name on the 1911 list then get your AR. Then you have time to save up again while you are waiting for the 1911 to come in.

okdonk 03-11-2012 11:21 PM

Go with AR. Like i seen someone said "Itsn't an Arsenal without an AR in it.".
It's a poison which got me addicted. Lol

shootah45 03-12-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck4Glocks
Once I finish moving and closing on this house. I'm looking to purchase a new firearm.

I really want the new Ruger SR1911. I do not own a 1911 but I own a couple of handguns already and carry a Glock 23. I have a M&P 15-22 but want an AR in 5.56.

I'm having trouble deciding if I want to go with another handgun or the AR. If I do the AR15 I will be building my own and spending about $700 to finish the build. The SR1911 is right around $700.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on what would be the best route.

Both!! Lol if you carry a Glock You should get the AR!! In my opinion you need both!! I own many & carry cocked & locked (1911's) and 2 Colt A/R s although no Rugers.just Colts, Kimber's & Smiths

Duck4Glocks 03-12-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray
Those are two good selections, its like the perfect combo. The SR1911s have been having a long waiting list recently,so get your name on the 1911 list then get your AR. Then you have time to save up again while you are waiting for the 1911 to come in.

This is what I was thinking. By the time I get an AR and save for the 1911, the Rugers will be more available. I would love to build an AR 15.

Ledbetter84 03-13-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck4Glocks

This is what I was thinking. By the time I get an AR and save for the 1911, the Rugers will be more available. I would love to build an AR 15.

I've always said , buy both when making a decision! But load up on 30 rnd mags while you can! You can find a 10 pack pf pmags for a good deal every so often .

sweeper22 03-13-2012 01:22 AM

I really love my Ruger SR1911. Great gun.

Buy/build an AR15 if you don't have one yet. Yep, ahead of the 1911. And I'm saying that at someone whose general firearms interests lay on the pistol side. AR's are just a blast. And they're really easy to be accurate with. And you can trick them out. And chicks dig 'em. And...

...you get the point.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.