Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger SR-9 Trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default SR9 Trigger

I also have an SR9 that had a less than stellar trigger. I went to ghostinc.com and ordered one of their Ultimate connectors for my Ruger. It improved the trigger - not down to the 3.5 pound pull as advertised, but it did help considerably.

While my tests were far less than scientific, I did trigger pull tests prior to and after installing the new connector. The measuring was done with a set of digital pull scales, but they weren't true dedicated trigger scales.
Before installing it, my trigger pull averaged 7.6 pound over ten pulls. After the installation the average for ten pulls was 6.3 pounds. That is a 1.3 pound reduction or a roughly 17% improvement.

I also installed one in my Glock 19. It improved the Glock much more than the Ruger. I didn't measure the pre installation pull weights, but the post installation weights did hover around the professed 3.5 pounds.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by avordman View Post
I also have an SR9 that had a less than stellar trigger. I went to ghostinc.com and ordered one of their Ultimate connectors for my Ruger. It improved the trigger - not down to the 3.5 pound pull as advertised, but it did help considerably.

While my tests were far less than scientific, I did trigger pull tests prior to and after installing the new connector. The measuring was done with a set of digital pull scales, but they weren't true dedicated trigger scales.
Before installing it, my trigger pull averaged 7.6 pound over ten pulls. After the installation the average for ten pulls was 6.3 pounds. That is a 1.3 pound reduction or a roughly 17% improvement.

I also installed one in my Glock 19. It improved the Glock much more than the Ruger. I didn't measure the pre installation pull weights, but the post installation weights did hover around the professed 3.5 pounds.
I too had similar results with the Ghost ultimate connector. However, imidiately after reasembling the pistol and dry firing numerous times, I took it back apart and bent the small end tang on the connector inwards slightly. That made a more noticeable difference in the pull. Next, I removed the magazine connector from the slide and that also helped in my case as it seemed to have been draging. (This is not the case on all though.)
As I continued to put 400 more rounds through the gun, the pull has improved even more to an average 5-5.4 lb. pull W/3/8" of trigger travel on the first trigger pull and 1/4" travel on repeating pulls with slight pressure on the trigger.

I have yet to do any internal polishing which could help even more.
RugerForum.com :: View topic - SR9 How-To (Multiple Inside) Updated 4/5/09 W/ Videos!

Old 01-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1822 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 557

My wife's SR9c has a great trigger. It is lighter than my G19 or G36 trigger.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 01-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #14

Yep, Ruger got the trigger right on SR9c.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Nicodemus- great link!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."