Ruger or S&W - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Ruger or S&W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 06:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I probably shouldn't even post sence I haven't even fired it yet, but I just got a SR9 2 days ago. It sure seems like it's going to be a great buy. I've only ran through a few dry fires (empty mag in) and tested a couple real load and unloads. I love the feel & can tell it's well made. I really didn't want a compact but I wanted something my wife might like. This gun also has the striker block that will not let it fire without a mag. You might want to research that.Some like it, Some don't.It can be removed. It also has the loaded chamber thing on top. I kinda like all the safety on this gun because it's for home D & I may not be the only one that needs to use it.

Maybe after this weekend I can say more!

Old 12-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #12

I have shot my friend's full size M&P 9 and own an SR9c myself. I love the way both guns feel. Whe purchasing my SR9c, I chose it because the man selling it to me told me the compact versions of the m&p come back for repairs more often than the SR9's and full sized m&p's. Both are great guns. I like the versatility of the 10/17 round mags on the sr9c. I use the 10 rounder for CCW and the 17 rounder for HD. It's really up to you, but I love my SR9c and will never get rid of it.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedagoodername
I probably shouldn't even post sence I haven't even fired it yet, but I just got a SR9 2 days ago. It sure seems like it's going to be a great buy. I've only ran through a few dry fires (empty mag in) and tested a couple real load and unloads. I love the feel & can tell it's well made. I really didn't want a compact but I wanted something my wife might like. This gun also has the striker block that will not let it fire without a mag. You might want to research that.Some like it, Some don't.It can be removed. It also has the loaded chamber thing on top. I kinda like all the safety on this gun because it's for home D & I may not be the only one that needs to use it.

Maybe after this weekend I can say more!
Ha! I'm on my 3 day wait for mine...I'll answer later.

Sent from a Droid...but not the Droid you are looking for. Move along.