Ruger P95PR Range Report (Picture)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger P95PR Range Report (Picture)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Ruger P95PR Range Report (Picture)

Well, they say pictures say a thousand words. I figured I'd just post up a picture of a set of three different shot groupings on a standard man-sized target from my new 9mm (you should be able to tell the three different groupings from each other).

The target was engaged at 15 yards from an aggressive standing position. The rate of fire was about 1 round every 2 seconds. The wind was right to left at 5-8 mph variable. The type of ammunition used was CCI Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ (9mm).

Bottom line is that the Ruger P95PR is a very combat capable weapon, and I recommend it to anybody. The weapon functioned flawlessly on all aspects the whole time. Dare I say it, this weapon is more comfortable to me then a 1911 pistol.

To all that is viewing this thread, if you have any other questions regarding my first function/accuracy test of this pistol, please let me know, and I can answer it for you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Naturally it being a "P" series Ruger, I assume it went bang every time. 15 yards is very good range for an defensive pistol. Too many people get carried away with shooting at 25 yards-even pocket autos or snubbies. The fact of the matter is-if you're far enough away to have to worry about accuracy, in an defensive situation, you're in trouble later in court defending your actions. Looks like you're getting excellent combat accuracy with your Ruger.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

You guessed right. The Ruger didn't malfunction in any way, shape , or form. This is a high quality pistol considering the price. I am very pleased with this weapon. In fact, I am looking for an older P85, and a LCP for my next purchases.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #4

SGT, not trying to hijack this thread. But what happened to the Glock21? How did the feed ramp crack?

On this thread , I am glad you love the new ruger. My first semi-auto was a ruger p89dc. I loved that gun and never had a problem with it. I was just young and needed the money , so I sold it.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:17 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Not sure how the feed ramp cracked on the Glock 21. I only put about 150 rounds through it, and the rounds were standard factory 230 grain hardball (CCI Blazer ammo) with standard velocities and pressures.

Once I discovered the crack I didn't put much thought into how it got there, but I was more concerned with the fact that it was there in the first place.

Like I said, an epic fail on Glock's part........

It worked out in the end, because of the nice Ruger I have in it's place.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #6

[QUOTE=SGT-MILLER;76393]
Bottom line is that the Ruger P95PR is a very combat capable weapon, and I recommend it to anybody. The weapon functioned flawlessly on all aspects the whole time. Dare I say it, this weapon is more comfortable to me then a 1911 pistol.QUOTE]

Congrats on the Ruger.....I feel the same way about my P90....

Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I'm going to the range today, so I'm going to do a second little test since my Ruger is properly broken in.

I'm going to do a 7 yard accuracy, 15 yard accuracy, and 25 yard accuracy. We'll see how I do. I'm not the best shooter in the world, and I'm sure the Ruger itself is more accurate than I can make it, but we'll see.

I'll post up the results on a different thread if anyone is interested.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:12 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nice groups and still jealous your P95 has a rail!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Naturally it being a "P" series Ruger, I assume it went bang every time. 15 yards is very good range for an defensive pistol. Too many people get carried away with shooting at 25 yards-even pocket autos or snubbies. The fact of the matter is-if you're far enough away to have to worry about accuracy, in an defensive situation, you're in trouble later in court defending your actions. Looks like you're getting excellent combat accuracy with your Ruger.
Good analysis! I hadn't really looked at it that way before.

Like the other gent said, I had a ruger p89dc and sold it because I was young and broke,lol. Loved that gun though!

Just recently my fiancee bought a ruger pt111 millenium pro 9mm. We'll see how it does, but I have never had a problem with rugers.....or my xd either.

Thanks for the range report!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

You mean you bought your loved one a Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro 9mm.

If you liked the P89, you'll like how the P95 handles. Slightly smaller, but smooth functioning all around.