Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger P95 vs. Taurus PT809

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

It actually fits great. It's a full size grip. I still love shooting the P95.
Cool. That's one thing I don't like about my S&W sigma..:. An inch of my hand hangs off the grip.... It's ok but I like the longer style handles/grips.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #22

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspump86

Yea I am set on the SA/DA.
The SR9 is so ugly IMO
I think its the sights
Check out a cz 75 also. Seems to fit right in to what you are looking for.

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 11-25-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

Do you me refined?...Because poorly made suggests malfunctions and breakage, which isn't Rugers reputation.
Sorry. Poorly made is not what I meant. I guess flimsy is the word. It doesn't feel like it can take a beating like a glock.

Just my opinion.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #24

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Ive owned both, shot both, and still own the Taurus PT809. I had a small gun channel and did a full A-Z review on it that got a bunch of positive feedback from other owners. The 800 series is really impressive and completely revolutionary for Taurus. They MIGHT just make a new name for themselves in the semi market with that series.

Anyways, all things considered I Think the Taurus PT809 is way ahead of the P95. I grew to really dislike my P95 after a while.....its bulky, hated the trigger, hated the appearance, and it lost its finish way sooner than any other gun I owned.

My favorite things about the PT809 are the look, the feel, the weight, the accuracy...and most importantly the trigger. Its got a VERY impressive DA/SA trigger and the SA trigger break and reset is up there next to Sig and S&W. Incredible trigger. Anyways I just posted on a similar thread about a budget semi for the price of $380 you can get this gun which serves as a nice back-up/night stand type gun. A little big for carry in my opinion because it has a very large grip (although they do make a compact model) but a very versatile gun.

Also, I just ran a 2k round challenge through this gun to really put it to the test. I fired 2k rounds straight over the course of 3 months with no cleaning/lube and it did great. Only 3 malfunctions and 2 of them were due to the mag. The mags for this gun are OK but certainly not great.....I think the follower got hung up a couple times due to carbon/grit build up which I blame for 2 failures to feed during the 2k challenge. Still, this gun is batting 99% in my opinion and I love it! EXTREMELY light recoil and accurate as hell

Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #25

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Ive owned both, shot both, and still own the Taurus PT809. I had a small gun channel and did a full A-Z review on it that got a bunch of positive feedback from other owners. The 800 series is really impressive and completely revolutionary for Taurus. They MIGHT just make a new name for themselves in the semi market with that series.

Anyways, all things considered I Think the Taurus PT809 is way ahead of the P95. I grew to really dislike my P95 after a while.....its bulky, hated the trigger, hated the appearance, and it lost its finish way sooner than any other gun I owned.

My favorite things about the PT809 are the look, the feel, the weight, the accuracy...and most importantly the trigger. Its got a VERY impressive DA/SA trigger and the SA trigger break and reset is up there next to Sig and S&W. Incredible trigger. Anyways I just posted on a similar thread about a budget semi for the price of $380 you can get this gun which serves as a nice back-up/night stand type gun. A little big for carry in my opinion because it has a very large grip (although they do make a compact model) but a very versatile gun.

Also, I just ran a 2k round challenge through this gun to really put it to the test. I fired 2k rounds straight over the course of 3 months with no cleaning/lube and it did great. Only 3 malfunctions and 2 of them were due to the mag. The mags for this gun are OK but certainly not great.....I think the follower got hung up a couple times due to carbon/grit build up which I blame for 2 failures to feed during the 2k challenge. Still, this gun is batting 99% in my opinion and I love it! EXTREMELY light recoil and accurate as hell
This post is really making me want one. I really want to handle one. My LGS has them for $366 (black)