Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger P95 9mm Range Report (part Two)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Ruger P95 9mm Range Report (part Two)

Ok. I just got back from the range. I just put another 100 rounds through my nice Ruger P95 9mm, and I am even more impressed. Look at the picture of the target from my original range report thread. Then look again at this picture of one of my better targets from this range trip (notice this target is much smaller in size).

I am not trying to gloat, because I consider myself still a novice shooter even though I have years, and years experience. I am using this to prove with a picture that the Ruger P series pistols are combat ready, and WILL perform.

The target was 15 yards out. Temp was 45 degrees, and the wind was at my back at about 4 mph (variable). Loads used was PMC 115 grain FMJ (factory 9mm). Rate of fire was around 1 round every 1-2 seconds. The group was about 2.25 inches (with exception to the one flyer.........bad trigger control on my part).

I will note that once again, this Ruger performed with absolutely zero malfunctions whatsoever. I am officaly sold, and this Ruger has now earned the distinguished title of "Home Defender". I am an offical Ruger fan now. I encourage everyone out there to try something from their lineup, whether it be an auto-loader, or revolver, or one of their rifles.

P.S. I almost forgot to mention. I fired 14 rounds total in this string of fire.

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 03-05-2009 at 03:48 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Nice group Sarge!!! My Ruger P345 has been a supreme autoloader with ZERO malfunctions similar to your P95. I guess I can jump on the Ruger Bandwagon too.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That is some excellent shooting right there. It is good to here you have found a pistol that is treating you right, and you are obviously shooting it quite well in a short amount of time! Try not to break this one.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks for the compliments.

I have a good feeling that this weapon won't break on me. I am just glad I finally came to my senses and got a Ruger....lol.

EDIT: For those out there that may be wondering. The barrel length is 3.9 inches total. If you are interested in a more full size model, go for the P89 series 9mm pistols that have a 4.5 inch barrel.

I will state that the fact that the P95 was able to shoot really good groups at 15 yards with a 3.9 inch barrel is another statement of the good quality of this pistol. I really want to try a P89 series to see how it compares.

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 03-06-2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts..........

Old 03-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #5
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nice group Sgt!
As I said I own three of the P series and all have never failed me. A very good choice for home defense. Try a P93 or P94 to compare as those are the best of the metal frame P series. I like the grip better than the P95 but the reduction in weight is a nice trade off on the P95.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

WDB, have you fired a P-85 at all? I'm curious as to the performance of those models

Old 03-06-2009, 02:35 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sgt, I have shot a P89, never shot a P85. A good friend has a P89 as his home pistol and we we get together to shoot he brings it. It is very much like my P93 but seems a bit heavier. I think the frame is steel instead of aloy. It shoots as was well as my P93 but we both agrre the slide/action is a bit slower. It might be wear or improvements.