Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Ruger P85 MKII (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/ruger-p85-mkii-12262/)

woolu 03-27-2009 01:55 AM

Ruger P85 MKII

just got my first semi auto, Ruger P85 MKII for $75.00.It seems to shoot well,I know its an older gun,are they reliable and durable,any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

SGT-MILLER 03-27-2009 02:37 AM

My question would be how?!?!?!?!?!?!?

A full size Ruger 9mm for 75 bucks? Have you inspected it real well? Is there a catch to the sale? Can you post a pic?

They are really good weapons, and they are really reliable. If everything works as it should, then I say you got a great deal.

Range report, please.

:D

rjgnwdc 03-27-2009 06:07 PM

be jammin

Well I 'm sure it's a great gun... but look at this clip that popped up when I did a search on google there are a bunch more but this was the first one :eek:

woolu 03-27-2009 10:18 PM

thanx, i've shot about 6 full clips thru it without a problem.i also took it apart and cleaned it.everything seems ok.thanx again for the responses.

woolu 03-28-2009 08:38 PM

what would be a good choice for bullets for anything in the woods that might want to come into my tent uninvited?

stalkingbear 03-28-2009 11:16 PM

You STOLE that gun! Better check to make SURE it ain't hot. That film clip is EXTREMELY rare as far as Ruger P series malfunctioning like that.

stalkingbear 03-28-2009 11:17 PM

For bear,FMJ,for everything else,Gold Dot +P.

WDB 03-29-2009 03:32 AM

My favorite part about the Utube vid was the guy cleared one of the jams with the barrel of the pistol pointed at the camera. I hope it was on a tripod and not being held by a person.:eek::eek::eek: What a numb nut

I have three ruger P seeies (P93,P94 and P95 and I like them all and never had tyhem jam like that. You stole that gun and better hope the guy who sold it to you did really steal it!

woolu 03-29-2009 03:41 AM

thanx,any suggestions on the FMJ round,there are bears.also why the FMJ?is it for more penatration?

SGT-MILLER 03-29-2009 03:49 AM

If you are trying to use a 9mm for bears, go ahead and save that last round in your 15 round magazine (or 10 round) for yourself.

I grew up in Alaska. Spent my whole life there (much of it in the woods) until I joined up the service and ended up out here in Montana. There's alot of cases where people were badly injured or killed by bears. Usually lying right next to them is an empty 9mm, 40 S&W, or .45 ACP pistol. The bear is usually found lumbering through the woods sometime later with alot of flesh wounds from the bullets, but otherwise just fine.

If you really want a handgun for protection against something like a bear (Black Bear or Grizzly Bear) you will need something like a hot loaded .44, or a .454, or a .460, or a .500 (in other words, you need something with kick).

For protection against people, this gun is great. Use the standard 115 grain FMJ rounds for plinking, then use something like a 124 grain hollowpoint for defense. In fact you can even go with something like a 147 grain hollowpoint (a little more punch).