Ruger Mk III Loose Sight - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Mk III Loose Sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Loctite was a no-go. Cleaned the gun, sight, and screw thoroughly, applied the stuff, put it back together and let it cure, everything was good, no give at all. Went out to the range, put 150 rounds through it, and it's loose again. Much less than before, because the screw does NOT move any more (i.e. the Loctite is doing what it's supposed to do, it's just not the whole problem), so I'm going back to my original theory of something going wrong when the barrel gets hot. It might be a manufacturer defect, so I'll call customer service today, but do you folks have any other ideas in the meantime?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Same Problem

Just wondering if you solved this issue by way of Customer Service.
I picked this pistol up used in Novermber. On my third range trip I noticed my groups were way larger than normal & that the front sight loosened up. I I tightened it with a screwdriver but after a couple of mags it would loosen again. There is definitely red loctite as it appears to liquefy as the barrel heats up.

What did Customer Service say?