Ruger Mark II/III? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Mark II/III?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
My Ruger Mark II Competition Target model with a Bushnell 2-6 X 32 scope. She's a much better shooter than I am.

nice looking gun WOC. good looking grips. how do you like the scope on it? mine came with the scope mount and i am debating on whether i want to put a scope on mine. haven't decided yet. really liked the silencer on JonM's mark III! that is very nice looking too.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #32
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8503 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 11122

I absolutely LOVE the scope. My Mark II is my absolute pride and joy at the moment. I didn't think I could ever love a gun as much as I love my GP100 but I sure do love this Mark II. The scope is a Bushnell Trophy 2-6 X 32. It's a very accurate gun enhanced by the scope. Put a scope AND a suppressor on yours then post pictures.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #33

Quote:
I absolutely LOVE the scope. My Mark II is my absolute pride and joy at the moment. I didn't think I could ever love a gun as much as I love my GP100 but I sure do love this Mark II. The scope is a Bushnell Trophy 2-6 X 32. It's a very accurate gun enhanced by the scope. Put a scope AND a suppressor on yours then post pictures.
well i have been looking at some scopes, but am undecided as to what size to put on it. i have never had a pistol with a scope before. i am going to the gun store next week and look at few and see if i can find something i like. thanks for the input WOC.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well i have been looking at some scopes, but am undecided as to what size to put on it. i have never had a pistol with a scope before. i am going to the gun store next week and look at few and see if i can find something i like. thanks for the input WOC.
This scope was recommended to me by a very knowledgeable gun person. I am quite pleased with the scope. I'm sure you'll find something that suits your needs. It's fun dressing these pistols up! How about some nice, pink grips for you, too? LOL

Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #35
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6660 Times on 3544 Posts
Likes Given: 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
JonM, please explain how to do the mods that you did to yours. i might want to change mine similar to yours if it isn't too difficult. BTW, very nice pistol!
Its not hard but it does require buying a new hammer and hammer bushing. Ill get the link tonite from the much longer post i made about it. The device im using to browse atm doesnt cut and paste. The mag safety mod also allows the mags to drop free. The stock mk3 doesnt drop free

Quote:
My Ruger Mark II Competition Target model with a Bushnell 2-6 X 32 scope. She's a much better shooter than I am.

Very sweet mods there winds!! I really like the grip color!!
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 09-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Very sweet mods there winds!! I really like the grip color!!
Thanks, Jon. She is a beauty, indeed. She is also now my favorite gun. Again, thank you SO MUCH. I really didn't want a Mark III.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #37

thanks WOC and JonM, you both have been very helpful. these are great pistols and i look forward to putting lots of ammo thru it! WOC, your gun looks great, but i'm not putting pink grips on my pistol! maybe i'll buy another ruger and put pink grips on it for my wife! JonM, the suppressor looks good on your pistol, and i might give some thought about getting one for mine when i get over the sticker shock! keep me posted on the mods as i am very interested in doing the same to mine, thanks.