Ruger LCP-not your grandmaws pocket pistol - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Ruger LCP-not your grandmaws pocket pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I'm happy with my P3AT. The LCP wasn't available at the time I was buying.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #12

Liked 108 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Update-I sent my LCP back for recall and got it back exactly 7 calendar days later. It came complete with the nice ball cap & the extra magazine. It functions exactly the same, and when field stripped, can tell no difference. Just thought I would let yall know that when you send them back for recall, Ruger pays for shipping/insurance both ways, and their customer service is excellent-same as I expect from Ruger.

I think I'll give the ball cap to my buddy since I don't want to advertise having a pocket rocket, as then the "bad guys" would then KNOW I'm carrying if they know what a Ruger or LCP is.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

The first time I fired my LCP, I had a few malfunctions out of 3 or 4 magazines. The second time (and so far the last) I fired seven magazines through it without a malfunction. And the seventh magazine was a mixture of brands and bullet types that a friend gave to me after he traded off a .380 he had. One of those rounds was almost a squib. In fact the sound and recoil was so much less than any of the others, that I stopped shooting, unloaded the gun and checked the barrel for a stuck bullet. There was none so I put the magazing back in and finished it off.

Can anyone tell me how to tell if my gun has been recalled?
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:41 AM   #14

Win73-if you have a serial # prefix of "370-" it is subject to recall. You can tell if it's already been recalled if it has a diamond shaped stamp on frame looking down on it right behind hammer, inside hammer relief.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:34 AM   #15

Default Lcp

I got one of the first LCP's when they came out. I put several hundred rounds down range, all makes no problems. Recall: out the door and back 10 days.

Another couple of hundred rounds-all makes, no malfunctions. Ruger is a honorable, up front American company, great to deal with.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bear, two thumbs up on the Ruger LCP. I sold a LCP to a law enforcement officer last week and he brought it to the range this morning. At 21 feet he had seven in the head of a Center Fire Defender target. The jacketed ammo shot fine, although, he experienced some problems with hollow point ammunition. Now for the best part, he let me rattle off a clip and it fired flawless. I think I'm filling out the forms tomorrow.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:13 AM   #17

Glad to hear you like it! Let us know when you get 1 and give us a range report.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Win73-if you have a serial # prefix of "370-" it is subject to recall. You can tell if it's already been recalled if it has a diamond shaped stamp on frame looking down on it right behind hammer, inside hammer relief.
I just want to add that using a small white light will help you find that "diamond shaped stamp". It is hard to see...or at least I had trouble seeing it.

If your LCP has a prefix of "371" the problem has been fixed by the mfg. before the dealer received it. I remember when my local dealer had 150 of these guns and sold them in 3 days. The price at the time was $329. When I called about one they had two left. By the time I got to the dealer they were gone. Since then I've seen them at dealers, gun shows, etc. for $499.
I expect the price to go up again.

When I had a second chance to buy the LCP, I opted for the Kahr P.380, comparing the two side-by-side the Kahr felt better in my hand and I prefered the barrel sights of the Kahr over Ruger. Plus I'm more familiar with the break-down of Kahr's P series handguns.

What I like the most of these small framed pistols is that when you slide them in your pocket they disappear totally.