Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > ruger lcp mag extension +1. Any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Default ruger lcp mag extension +1. Any good?

I have seen around the net a mag extension that adds one more round. Sounds great but will in not be as reliable as standard mag. I would think unless it came with a replacement spring as well it won't have enough tension..... Thoughts? Thank.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by armed1212 View Post
I have seen around the net a mag extension that adds one more round. Sounds great but will in not be as reliable as standard mag. I would think unless it came with a replacement spring as well it won't have enough tension..... Thoughts? Thank.
I'm not sure we will be speaking about the same/same deal, armed1212 ... but, I have a LCP with a 'mag extension' so I can fit another finger on the gun.

This "extension" I have is just a replacement for the bottom portion of the magazine and does not give you more capacity. Just better retention. A little 'hook' for your finger to fit into.

With this mag extension, the gun retains it's 6+1 capacity.

I would get you a photo, but would take me too long.

Also, the LCP (IMO) is for very close engagement. The sights are rudimentary at best, and the gun has a pretty snappy recoil. Practice with the LCP is not all that much fun ... again IMO. But, the LCP is great to CC. I have a CT on the gun and don't rely on the sights. Just access the red dot and fire. Of course, one needs to practice with the gun to be effective in any encounter.

"I'm not a vigilante ... I'm just an undocumented border patrol agent."

Old 01-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Yes i have the pinky grip but this one adds 1more bullet. And gives a full grip. I think it would be good as a back up mag, but wanted to know if anyone has seen or used it