Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger LCP Hogue Grip Review Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 115 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Ruger LCP Hogue Grip Review Video

Hey, guys, just wanted to show the results of my Ruger LCP after installation of the Hogue Grips for it. I found it to be surprisingly good add on to the pistol and gives me just enough additional bulk on the grip to make shooting the LCP more comfortable.

Have any of you added these grips to your LCP? What do you think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #2

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I went the no cost route. Bike inner tube free from a junk pile at local bike shop. Cut a 1/8" to1/2" piece a 1/2" by 1" piece and a full size piece to be cut to fit. Put the smallest one on ,centered for my hand then centered the next and so on. Add's a bit ofthickness. Cut the last one to fit. It is on my TCP and on my cm9 and cw9.

You are right that the added bit of soft rubber does aid control issues. Even added a larger piece to my M&P rifle . Looks to have the same grip as the one in your video.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #3

Liked 115 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 20

"No cost route" other than the time you spent cutting up an old tire tube.

I got mine for $6 on Amazon, free shipping, no time, no hassle, and it fits perfectly.

To each his own though.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #4

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Your last line said "what do you think". I did have on on a used pistol a few year back. Did not think much of it. Mine only took 5 minutes to cut and install during down time at night.

As you said , To each his own.

Last edited by hardluk1; 09-02-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #5

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

These guns can be both a bit snappy and hard to grip with good aim as your hand warns up. The Hogue grip is perfect for this little gun. It eases some of the recoil and gets tackier as your hand warms up giving you good aiming grip. I put 2.5 boxes of ammo through mine in one session and couldn't be more satisfied with this grip. In fact, I put them on all my polymer gun frames. Hey, I put one on my SP101 also!!

Old 09-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #6

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 109

I understand well you're desire to cut down on the LCP recoil. It is a little stiff. But I don't want to increase the size of my gun - it is almost ideal for conceal carry. If I ever need it (hopefully that will never come), it may not even take one shot to dispel the threat. Or it may take 6 - who knows. Most likely one or two, though. So I can stand the snappiness for that much shooting.
And the range -- 20 practice shots or so... it's ok.

As it is, though, from Ruger - it is snag free (minimal sights and other hindrances) with a very smooth body- for a smooth, quick draw. I don't want to interfere with that design at all. It seems near perfect for a conceal carry pistol.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #7

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Understand totally. I pocket carry with the Hogue and pinky extension. Absolutely zero snags with lightening fast draw. But then again, I have one on my Glock 19 Gen 4 double stack. It is on my side on a Crossbreed IWB holster and that doesn't bother me either. I guess, for me, it's all about that sweat on polymer causing grip issues. I'll be outside getting my mountain bike ready for a race this weekend. No worries having to go for draw with sweaty, greasy hands.