Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Ruger LCP Hogue Grip Review Video (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/ruger-lcp-hogue-grip-review-video-71580/)

Amsdorf 09-01-2012 04:26 PM

Ruger LCP Hogue Grip Review Video

Hey, guys, just wanted to show the results of my Ruger LCP after installation of the Hogue Grips for it. I found it to be surprisingly good add on to the pistol and gives me just enough additional bulk on the grip to make shooting the LCP more comfortable.

Have any of you added these grips to your LCP? What do you think?

hardluk1 09-01-2012 05:59 PM

I went the no cost route. Bike inner tube free from a junk pile at local bike shop. Cut a 1/8" to1/2" piece a 1/2" by 1" piece and a full size piece to be cut to fit. Put the smallest one on ,centered for my hand then centered the next and so on. Add's a bit ofthickness. Cut the last one to fit. It is on my TCP and on my cm9 and cw9.

You are right that the added bit of soft rubber does aid control issues. Even added a larger piece to my M&P rifle . Looks to have the same grip as the one in your video.

Amsdorf 09-01-2012 06:09 PM

"No cost route" other than the time you spent cutting up an old tire tube.

:)

I got mine for $6 on Amazon, free shipping, no time, no hassle, and it fits perfectly.

To each his own though.

hardluk1 09-02-2012 02:25 PM

Your last line said "what do you think". I did have on on a used pistol a few year back. Did not think much of it. Mine only took 5 minutes to cut and install during down time at night.

As you said , To each his own.

danolator 09-03-2012 12:03 PM

These guns can be both a bit snappy and hard to grip with good aim as your hand warns up. The Hogue grip is perfect for this little gun. It eases some of the recoil and gets tackier as your hand warms up giving you good aiming grip. I put 2.5 boxes of ammo through mine in one session and couldn't be more satisfied with this grip. In fact, I put them on all my polymer gun frames. Hey, I put one on my SP101 also!!

Colby 09-03-2012 12:23 PM

I understand well you're desire to cut down on the LCP recoil. It is a little stiff. But I don't want to increase the size of my gun - it is almost ideal for conceal carry. If I ever need it (hopefully that will never come), it may not even take one shot to dispel the threat. Or it may take 6 - who knows. Most likely one or two, though. So I can stand the snappiness for that much shooting.
And the range -- 20 practice shots or so... it's ok.

As it is, though, from Ruger - it is snag free (minimal sights and other hindrances) with a very smooth body- for a smooth, quick draw. I don't want to interfere with that design at all. It seems near perfect for a conceal carry pistol.

danolator 09-03-2012 12:56 PM

Understand totally. I pocket carry with the Hogue and pinky extension. Absolutely zero snags with lightening fast draw. But then again, I have one on my Glock 19 Gen 4 double stack. It is on my side on a Crossbreed IWB holster and that doesn't bother me either. I guess, for me, it's all about that sweat on polymer causing grip issues. I'll be outside getting my mountain bike ready for a race this weekend. No worries having to go for draw with sweaty, greasy hands.