Ruger LCP Chapter Two Video

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger LCP Chapter Two Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Ruger LCP Chapter Two Video

I made a Chapter Two Ruger LCP review video after having some problems with fail-to-extract on it, ran more ammo through it, different ammo, and took it out to longer ranges. Here are the results. Not a single FTE using Winchester White Box .380 Auto. Over 100 rounds worth shot.

Plus, I was surprised at how well it did even at what I consider to be a nearly nutty distance in any realistic SD scenario: 25 yards. I was putting rounds on a six inch target and definitely within 12" center mass area.

Which ammo have you guys found to be the most consistently reliable in the LCP?

Also, a guy suggested I use some sight paint and touch up my front post with bright red, rear with white. Your thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

You back again? Just joking, of course. Your videos are enjoyable, as well as your knowledge of subject matter. Yes, I, too, as previously stated in your first upload and post, have as a backup that great lil' canon. What I primarily use for it at the range is PMC fmj. Never a hiccup with that brand. And, too, when carrying concealed Hornady Critial Defense HP during summer, and PMC during winter.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #3

Sounds good. I agree with the reasoning behind using FMJ in the Winter. Interesting, in an ammo test, the round that produced a fairly impressive cavity is good old WWB with the flat nosed bullet it uses.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice, practical assessment of the capabilities of the Ruger LCP.

I have one with the Crimson Trace LaserGuard and it is my hot weather carry pistol.

Since you asked about our experience with ammo, I must say I disagree with the choice of Hornady Critical Defense round. From the data I have seen, Critical Defense is long on hype and short on performance. My own personal experience with it is even worse - I had numerous hard-primer strikes resulting in failure-to-fire incidences, and after doing some research, I found that Hornady knew about their primer problems and were slow in rectifying the situation. I even tried multiple times via email outlining my problems with the lot number of the box and received not so much as an acknowledgement.

I use FMJ exclusively, but another good HP round probably makes sense in the climates where heavy clothing is not in use.

Nice work on both videos.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 08-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #5

Thanks, appreciate it.