Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Ruger LCP (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/ruger-lcp-7957/)

cbw 10-24-2008 02:35 PM

Ruger LCP
 
Who out there owns a new Ruger LCP? They are hard to get, at least in the Midwest. Did you buy it local or over the net? How do you like it? Issues? This little 380 has great reviews, of course it's fairly new. I want one - go figure :D

SGT-MILLER 10-24-2008 11:05 PM

They are good little pistols. If you cannot find one, get a Kel-Tec P3AT. It's pretty much the same exact thing. The only difference between the two is minor cosmetics, and the Ruger has a slide-lock device.

Both are good pocket pistols, and will serve you well for self-defense.

Both are capable of near one-hole accuracy at 7 yards, which is what they are designed for (up close and personal).

bgeddes 10-27-2008 01:03 AM

I bought mine at a Cabela's with a year or so worth of Bday, Christmas, and Fathers-day gift cards. Nice little gun. Only issue I've had is feeding Hornday JHPs. I just bought a box of Speer Gold Dots and did a minor polish of the feed ramp. Neither has been tested yet. It will disappear in your pocket. I carry mine in a DeSanti Nemesis.

Mark F 10-27-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgeddes (Post 47202)
I bought mine at a Cabela's with a year or so worth of Bday, Christmas, and Fathers-day gift cards. Nice little gun. Only issue I've had is feeding Hornday JHPs. I just bought a box of Speer Gold Dots and did a minor polish of the feed ramp. Neither has been tested yet. It will disappear in your pocket. I carry mine in a DeSanti Nemesis.

You will find that CORBON Powr'Ball ammo will feed perfectly. Don't get in the habit of shooting this gun a lot. They are not made for plinking.

Northwoods 10-27-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 47248)
You will find that CORBON Powr'Ball ammo will feed perfectly. Don't get in the habit of shooting this gun a lot. They are not made for plinking.

Why? What happens? Do they fall apart?:eek:

Or is the ammo to expensive?:rolleyes:

Or do they tear up your hand?:eek:

Mark F 10-27-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods (Post 47287)
Why? What happens? Do they fall apart?:eek:

Or is the ammo to expensive?:rolleyes:

Or do they tear up your hand?:eek:


It's your gun, go ahead and shoot it all the time...

Mark F 10-28-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods (Post 47287)
Why? What happens? Do they fall apart?:eek:

Or is the ammo to expensive?:rolleyes:

Or do they tear up your hand?:eek:

They are not made for plinking...

cbw 11-03-2008 03:34 AM

I see Ruger has a recall on these now! :mad: Go to the Ruger site for the serial series that are being recalled. Someone else posted this on another thread on this forum, that's how I found out about it. Apparently someone dropped one and it fired, no injuries to date, but they are recalling and rewarding with a spare clip with I believe the finger extension on it. They also have made some other mods to the weapon since the frist couple of runs which they will install. So I guess it's good that I do not have one yet, I hate sending equipment back, although this is a must do for safety reasons.

Mark F 11-03-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbw (Post 48391)
I see Ruger has a recall on these now! :mad: Go to the Ruger site for the serial series that are being recalled. Someone else posted this on another thread on this forum, that's how I found out about it. Apparently someone dropped one and it fired, no injuries to date, but they are recalling and rewarding with a spare clip with I believe the finger extension on it. They also have made some other mods to the weapon since the frist couple of runs which they will install. So I guess it's good that I do not have one yet, I hate sending equipment back, although this is a must do for safety reasons.

Yeah, these things happen. That's why I am rarely the first one to have a new gun.

supergus 11-04-2008 03:27 AM

Looks like they switched to a Glock style trigger safety, did a little internal work, slapped a red dot on it and sent it back to the owner.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.