Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > RUGER LCP .380 LOOSE SLIDE ...CHECK-YOUR's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Default RUGER LCP .380 LOOSE SLIDE ...CHECK-YOUR's

Anybody else notice or is it just my gun,the slide is loose on my gun when I wiggle it back and forth.....Not forward and backward...but up and down....Seems to be alot of slop in between the rails. I shot the **** out of it....700...Rounds over a year or so....I don't sit on it,in my Uncle Mikes size 2 holster...I think I take good care of it...but it has a very lot of SLOP in the rails,just seeing if anyone else has the same thing with their LCP-gun?????......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #2

Mine has over 1000 rounds down range and is carried daily as a backup. My LCP is still tight as a drum.

You may want to call Ruger CS and see what they say about it.

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Mine has several hundred rounds through it and it's still tight. Exactly how much up & down play does it have? If it's excessive I'd call Ruger.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 AM   #4

With a round chambered,it has a lot of slop,up and down...after the trigger is pulled it seems to have alot less slop in the slide area...like the hammer tightens things up...You can pull the medal slide apart from the poleimer plastic frame,manly out at the end of the barrel....It's not real bad but it's noticeable....Maybe it's just wear ???...I didn't notice it before the other day.....Maybe it's just me..........

Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #5

Called ruger today...they took my phone number,said they where going to call back in a few days...I told them the slide was real sloppy and you can rock the slide back and forth with one finger on one end and another finger on the other end....and it is just over all real sloppy and loose,see what happens???.....

Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #6

WELL RUGER called back at 10:07 AM...This morning,just like they said....ST.Louis time that would be what??..8:00 AM Prescott AZ.time??...They must do call backs first thing in the morning??...The man said that the small pistols that every one is making now on the slide rail design,is made to move 1/8th of an inch or so and the barrel locks...He asured me that this is normal on these small guns....So I guess I'll live with it...I know there just cheap little pocket guns and not $$$ thousand dollar guns,so I guess I need to treat it as schutch.......Anyway that's my story with ruger....They did call back real Quick.....................THANKS.....RUGER........ ......

Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #7

Just got back from shooting my ruger LCP down at the river before it got dark....Shot a box of 50 Blazer shells and didn't have any jams...Had to check-out the play in the rails one more time,after talking to the guy from ruger this morning...Yes theres some play but I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it...It's just a cheaper made gun.....The trigger cuts into your finger pretty good after you shoot 50 rounds that's for sure...Anyway going to clean it and put it away..............

Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #8

I had no problems with my lcp it ate all kinds of ammo.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #9

Shot a box of 50 Blazer shell today and had one jam...Still don't like the slop in the slide...Man the plastic trigger eat's into your finger,I'm liking this gun less and less the more I shoot it....I like how small it is but the trigger is killing my finger...I know it's not made to be a range gun,but if you can't go out and have fun shooting the damn thing...Why have it....???......THINKING...TRADE...in the near future.........It's just the damn plastic trigger.........

Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Shot a box of 50 Blazer shell today and had one jam...Still don't like the slop in the slide...Man the plastic trigger eat's into your finger,I'm liking this gun less and less the more I shoot it....I like how small it is but the trigger is killing my finger...I know it's not made to be a range gun,but if you can't go out and have fun shooting the damn thing...Why have it....???......THINKING...TRADE...in the near future.........It's just the damn plastic trigger.........
So, in your own words, quit trying to use it as a range gun....

The whole design purpose of the little pocket guns are for C.C., period!

Run a few mags though it to stay proficient with it at the range, then put it aside and go to your range guns.

Last edited by canebrake; 03-07-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: TTTP