Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger LCP...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger LCP...

Anybody get one yet? Basically a copy of the Kel-Tec, but hopefully with the Ruger reliability and ruggedness I have come to expect. Summer is just around the corner and these little mouse guns are great for those times when carrying your primary weapon isn't practical.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCP.htm

"The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us“ ...... Patrick Henry March 23, 1775

Last edited by scoutman; 03-02-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman View Post
Anybody get one yet? Basically a copy of the Kel-Tec, but hopefully with the Ruger reliability and ruggedness I have come to expect. Summer is just around the corner and these little mouse guns are great for those times when carrying your primary weapon isn't practical.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCP.htm

I am supposed to get mine in the middle of March. I hear they are starting to ship at that time. My supplier doesn't have an exact date.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #3

Supposedly, shipments went out to major suppliers on Feb 29, so I hope to get mine soon. The Kel-Techs have gone up in price so much over the last few months that the LCP is no longer out of line. I hope to have mine before my trip to nevada, as concealed carry is not of major importance to he locals there.

"The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us“ ...... Patrick Henry March 23, 1775

Old 03-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Supposedly, shipments went out to major suppliers on Feb 29, so I hope to get mine soon. The Kel-Techs have gone up in price so much over the last few months that the LCP is no longer out of line. I hope to have mine before my trip to nevada, as concealed carry is not of major importance to he locals there.

Yes, I read at another forum today that LCPs are hitting the stores in very small quantities. Like one each!

Old 03-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #5

Yeah, kind of stinks. Distributors have them "allocated" for their biggest customers, and Ruger is only shipping limited numbers to the big box chains. I ordered one off of Gunbroker, it should be here next week. 300 +shipping, so it is about $70 over wholesale. I just didn't want to wait for Davidsons to call me up in six months and tell me I could finally order one.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Yeah, kind of stinks. Distributors have them "allocated" for their biggest customers, and Ruger is only shipping limited numbers to the big box chains. I ordered one off of Gunbroker, it should be here next week. 300 +shipping, so it is about $70 over wholesale. I just didn't want to wait for Davidsons to call me up in six months and tell me I could finally order one.
Just picked up my LCP this morning. It came in a week early but came in by itself. I have the first and only one my supplier was able to get. Cost was $259.00 which I think is very good. Range time tomorrow morning @ 10:00am. Can't wait to compare this one to my P3AT.