Ruger lcp - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger lcp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I guess I am very lucky growing up the way I did, not having to grow up in the city. Please do not get me wrong there are alot of things that I can do in the city and not here in the country. The fact that all the male members of my family are ex-military, hunters, fishermen, horse men, campers, shooters, etc, we were never home, I am just glad that my kids are the same way instead of just sitting in front of the computer/xBox360 all day.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Know what you mean - we don't have any couch potatoes either but we have a wide range of ages (9 t0 71) and son's got many other things taking his time - like work and an active 9 year old - whoops, gotta' add one more shooter - At 9 she really loves shooting and he's teaching her well.

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...

Old 04-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #23

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneap View Post
Know what you mean - we don't have any couch potatoes either but we have a wide range of ages (9 t0 71) and son's got many other things taking his time - like work and an active 9 year old - whoops, gotta' add one more shooter - At 9 she really loves shooting and he's teaching her well.
Is that a P08 Luger she's shooting?

How kool is that!

She has a great future ahead of her. Knowledge and respect is so much better than fear of firearms!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetman View Post
You're going to love it....

Here's mine. GF got me the CT so it rides a little high in my Nemesis but much easier to grasp. I also have a Keltec P3AT and a AMT Back-Up but the Ruger is, by far, the most often carried when I go "small".
Fleetman, which Backup do you have? Mine's a single-action, made at the Covina factory chambered in .380. Parts being so hard to come by (I need a safety lever and recoil spring)I'd like to pick your brain on support, if you have any info.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 04-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #25

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveneap View Post
Excellent! My daughter/shooting buddy turned 21 today.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Excellent! My daughter/shooting buddy turned 21 today.
Tell her Happy Birthday!! Does she kow which handgun she is going to be HER first purchase yet? Mine was a Taurus PT-92 in 9mm, I liked it better then the Berretta 92.

I had to take away my Ruger 22/45 from my daughter because she just liked to pull the trigger and was not working on her sighting and aiming. Now she is using the pistol that my grandfather taught me with, a S&W double action K-22 in .22LR.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Is that a P08 Luger she's shooting?

How kool is that!

She has a great future ahead of her. Knowledge and respect is so much better than fear of firearms!
I wish it were a PO8 - but no, it's a Stoeger Luger in .22LR. Picked it up a couple of years ago. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones; it's run fine since the day I got it. One day I hope to find a PO8 that's in the range of my gun budget. She's tried my Smiths, Rugers, her Dad's Beretta, but fell in love with the Luger.

... ed ...

Old 04-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Finally got to take elsiepea out to my son's. Couldn't be happier. It performed flawlessly. Perceived recoil not bad. At 7 yards I think any assailant might be in trouble. Forgot to take my targets out to son's so we had to improvise. Here's a shot from 7 yards. This was my son's but mine were about the same - well, maybe a little more spread out. I'd say that's about a 2 1/2" circle. Two handed standing. Daughter in law liked the LCP. And we put a bunch through my SW 617 too. All in all, it was a fun time.

Granddaughter shot the Stoger luger some more, then found something else she liked - my SW MP 15-22.

... ed ...