Ruger LC9s now in hand
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Ruger LC9s now in hand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2478 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Default Ruger LC9s now in hand

Just picked this up today:

Ruger LC9s now in hand - Semi-Auto Handguns

Only had the opportunity to dry-fire it today. The trigger feels great, much shorter than the LC9 and crisp. I'll be taking it to the range this weekend.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 08-22-2014 at 07:19 PM.
eatmydust Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #2

Liked 570 Times on 384 Posts

Congratulations .
I have one in jail still waiting lol

Old 08-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher

My friends groups at 7 yards. We were shooting Remington FMJ, Ultramax lead, Perfecta FMJ, and Tul steel case.

Mine opened up a little more.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22385 Times on 12492 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post

My friends groups at 7 yards. We were shooting Remington FMJ, Ultramax lead, Perfecta FMJ, and Tul steel case.

Mine opened up a little more.
so what are your impressions of the new pistol?

Old 08-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher

My first impressions are Ruger has hit a home run with this pistol. This is what Remington was hoping to build with the R51 but couldn't.

The trigger is outstanding. It is very crisp, short take up, and breaks cleanly without undue effort. Ruger says it breaks around 5.5 pds, I would guess that is pretty accurate. There is no grittyness to it at all. How they were able to put that trigger in a $350 pistol is quite an accomplishment.

It feels pretty good in the hand. It's thin and it feels that way, but it doesn't necessarily have that wood block feel that so many of the really thin pistols wind up with. The grip curves well to fill my hand. I may look for some aftermarket grip modification, but I'm in no hurry.

The sites are standard 3-dot and have a low profile. They are easy pick up when you present the pistol. Both front and rear sites are dovetailed, and the rear site is driftable.

The pistol shoots softer than my Kahr. The Kahr really wants to jump around in my hands when firing it. I didn't find that with the LC9s. But I guess my groups are really the testament to that. I was shooting groups half the size with the Ruger as compared to the Kahr.

The pistol comes with one 7-round magazine. That would probably be my only real complaint. I would pay another $20 for another magazine, but I guess they had to find somewhere to keep the cost as low as they did.

When I replaced my Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 earlier this year with the Kimber Micro 380, I quickly decided I wanted to replace my Kahr as well. I have moved from long DAO triggers in my carry pistols to much shorter and crisper SAO triggers. Originally, I thought I wanted to replace the Kahr PM9 with a Sig P938. But even with selling the Kahr, the $700 for the Sig wasn't something I was looking forward to. Then I heard about the LC9s. Hickock45 was not kidding when he raved about the trigger on this gun. It is that good, and it is a great replacement for my PM9 at half the price.

Quote:
Quote:
Join the NRA
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-23-2014, 10:10 PM   #6

Liked 634 Times on 377 Posts

I wanted an lc9 but held out because I was crossing my fingers they would listen to their customers and make a striker fired version with a better trigger. I got excited when I heard they DID! Glad to hear from someone who bought one and is satisfied.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #7

Liked 144 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I sold my LC9 a little while back having given up on getting a Galoway trigger for it (always seem to be out of stock). Now I'm glad I did; I'll have to put one of these on my list now.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:46 AM   #8
FAA licensed bugsmasher

I forgot to mention that we put 200 rounds through it with zero issues. No failures of any kind.

My friend Dale who was shooting with me this morning indicated he was interested in my Kahr earlier in the week. I asked him this morning if he was still interested. His response pointing at the Ruger "Not after shooting that."

Quote:
Quote:
Join the NRA
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2014, 12:49 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22385 Times on 12492 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

well Scott, it sounds like you scored a winner. glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
FAA licensed bugsmasher

One thing I've found that I don't care for... the magazine release is too sensitive. It pops the magazine if I carry it in my pocket.

I was at a LGS the other day for a separate reason and mentioned the problem. The gunsmith suggested putting a stiffer mag release spring in. I took it into him yesterday to see what he can do. I'll pick it up later this week.

Quote:
Quote:
Join the NRA