Ruger lc9 owners
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger lc9 owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Default Ruger lc9 owners

Hey all just picked up a new Ruger LC9 Saturday. Using it as a summer carry/backup when I don't feel like toting around my G17. Anything I need to know about them? Since they're relatively new haven't heard a lot of feedback bad nor good. Shot 100 rounds through it so far no problems. (Yet) I think its a pretty solid gun so far I just hate stripping the thing, the stupid loaded chamber indicator and the magazine safety. Shoots great and not as much muzzle flip as I thought it was gonna be. Thanks in advance for comments

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #2

There are lots of YouTube videos about how to remove the magazine safety and lower the profile of the loaded chamber indicator

Old 07-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

A friend of mine has one with a laserguard and carries it in a Theis holster made here in Arkansas. He loves it!

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't know what could be easier than field stripping an LC9. Do it a couple more times and you'll realize how easy it really is. Enjoy. I do mine.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #5

Um....field stripping a Glock is much easier....just sayin. But yea it gets easier still don't love the take down.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 07-27-2011, 12:48 AM   #6

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

The loaded chamber indicator does kinda bother me but I think a drimil tool is in its future. Other than that I have had no problems or other dislikes about mine. But Iv only had it 2 weeks and have only put a few boxes though it.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:45 AM   #7

My LC9 is awesome. 200 rounds through it so far and it has been great. Would recommend to anyone for concealed carry!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2866 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Man, I wish I had your money
To be able to buy a handgun without doing research first is something I always wanted to do.
Maybe some day.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Man, I wish I had your money
To be able to buy a handgun without doing research first is something I always wanted to do.
Maybe some day.
Wow....way to start talking crap. I really liked the way the gun felt. Was really curious to see if anybody who had one had much to say about them. I did some research. Yea I don't like the chamber indicator and don't love the mag safety...but still love the gun. Chamber indicator has no effect on the gun and when I thought about it...I wouldnt carry an extra mag so the magazine safety not a big deal. Field stripping....yea don't love it but I'm used to a Glock. BUT I CAN LOOK PAST ALL THESE ISSUES BECAUSE IT SHOOTS GREATS, FEELS GREAT, AND CONCEALS QUITE NICELY.
Why am I explaining myself?

~John F. Kennedy

Last edited by g17frantz; 07-28-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Wow....way to start talking crap. I really liked the way the gun felt. Was really curious to see if anybody who had one had much to say about them. I did some research. Yea I don't like the chamber indicator and don't love the mag safety...but still love the gun. Chamber indicator has no effect on the gun and when I thought about it...I wouldnt carry an extra mag so the magazine safety not a big deal. Field stripping....yea don't love it but I'm used to a Glock. BUT I CAN LOOK PAST ALL THESE ISSUES BECAUSE IT SHOOTS GREATS, FEELS GREAT, AND CONCEALS QUITE NICELY.
Why am I explaining myself?
I had one, loved the size for ccw, problem the ammo types I use misfired 80% of the time! Could not bear to have a wepon I could rely on...