Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Ruger lc9 owners (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/ruger-lc9-owners-45431/)

g17frantz 07-18-2011 06:25 PM

Ruger lc9 owners

Hey all just picked up a new Ruger LC9 Saturday. Using it as a summer carry/backup when I don't feel like toting around my G17. Anything I need to know about them? Since they're relatively new haven't heard a lot of feedback bad nor good. Shot 100 rounds through it so far no problems. (Yet) I think its a pretty solid gun so far I just hate stripping the thing, the stupid loaded chamber indicator and the magazine safety. Shoots great and not as much muzzle flip as I thought it was gonna be. Thanks in advance for comments

roachcore 07-19-2011 04:11 PM

There are lots of YouTube videos about how to remove the magazine safety and lower the profile of the loaded chamber indicator

Gojubrian 07-20-2011 01:22 PM

A friend of mine has one with a laserguard and carries it in a Theis holster made here in Arkansas. He loves it!

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

RevDerb 07-26-2011 03:21 AM

I don't know what could be easier than field stripping an LC9. Do it a couple more times and you'll realize how easy it really is. Enjoy. I do mine. :D

g17frantz 07-26-2011 10:55 PM

Um....field stripping a Glock is much easier....just sayin. But yea it gets easier still don't love the take down.

bigbomar4 07-27-2011 12:48 AM

The loaded chamber indicator does kinda bother me but I think a drimil tool is in its future. Other than that I have had no problems or other dislikes about mine. But Iv only had it 2 weeks and have only put a few boxes though it.

demetrius 07-28-2011 04:45 AM

My LC9 is awesome. 200 rounds through it so far and it has been great. Would recommend to anyone for concealed carry!

danf_fl 07-28-2011 09:46 AM

Man, I wish I had your money :)
To be able to buy a handgun without doing research first is something I always wanted to do.
Maybe some day.

g17frantz 07-28-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
Man, I wish I had your money :)
To be able to buy a handgun without doing research first is something I always wanted to do.
Maybe some day.

Wow....way to start talking crap. I really liked the way the gun felt. Was really curious to see if anybody who had one had much to say about them. I did some research. Yea I don't like the chamber indicator and don't love the mag safety...but still love the gun. Chamber indicator has no effect on the gun and when I thought about it...I wouldnt carry an extra mag so the magazine safety not a big deal. Field stripping....yea don't love it but I'm used to a Glock. BUT I CAN LOOK PAST ALL THESE ISSUES BECAUSE IT SHOOTS GREATS, FEELS GREAT, AND CONCEALS QUITE NICELY.
Why am I explaining myself?

thekwconch 08-07-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

Wow....way to start talking crap. I really liked the way the gun felt. Was really curious to see if anybody who had one had much to say about them. I did some research. Yea I don't like the chamber indicator and don't love the mag safety...but still love the gun. Chamber indicator has no effect on the gun and when I thought about it...I wouldnt carry an extra mag so the magazine safety not a big deal. Field stripping....yea don't love it but I'm used to a Glock. BUT I CAN LOOK PAST ALL THESE ISSUES BECAUSE IT SHOOTS GREATS, FEELS GREAT, AND CONCEALS QUITE NICELY.
Why am I explaining myself?

I had one, loved the size for ccw, problem the ammo types I use misfired 80% of the time! Could not bear to have a wepon I could rely on...