Ruger 22/45 - Mark III - New Edition
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger 22/45 - Mark III - New Edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 159 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Default Ruger 22/45 - Mark III - New Edition

Picked this 22 yesterday to bring my total hand gun collection count to 6.

Ran 500 rounds in it out of the box. One stove pipe FTE, otherwise no problems!

I read around here somewhere the trigger isn't the greatest, I see that now, a little sticky. I want it to be like butter. Will work on that later.

Clips a little tricky getting in and out need to hold the gun awkwardly to push the slide release and use a fingernail to pry out the spent clip. These may loosen up with more use.

Never shot a .22 pistol and never really interested in shooting one but now I am hooked! Never thought I would have so much fun with a $300 gun that shoots ridiculously cheap ammo.

Broke it down to clean it after watching a half dozen YouTube videos, definitely a PITA to do so but it got done.

To Do: shoot another 1000 today, trigger work or trigger replacement, adjust windage to the left 1/8 of a click, procure aftermarket 1911 grips that do not need to be modded too much to accommodate the location of the slide release...list may grow or shrink after 1000 rounds today.

img-20120708-00763.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Those are some fun guns to shoot. I have shot my father-in-laws quite often. They are good shooting and accurate guns. They are pick about ammo though.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Boss, the Mark III 22/45 is a great pistol. i have one that has well over 3000 rounds put through it, with very few FTF experianced, and they were ammo related not the pistol. pretty accurate pistol too for the price.

they get easier to strip and clean, the more times you do it. the first few times is, one the person learnng how, and two the pistol being new and parts are tight. it does get easier every time you do it. part of the magazine problem is the mag safety which can be modified, and makes the mag slide out easier. i haven't gotten around to doing mine yet. the trigger can be helped easily with some aftermarket trigger parts. lots of parts and accessories for the Ruger Mark III pistols.

and they are just plain fun to shoot. i have had mine over a year now, and the fun still hasn't worn off yet! plus they are cheap to shoot. fun and cheap, what a great combination!

Old 07-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Axxe, glad it's not just mine, if you find out anything about the clip safety mod that doesn't sacrifice integrity, let me know! Anyone others with after market trigger experience would be a bonus.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #5

Liked 1835 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
Thanks Axxe, glad it's not just mine, if you find out anything about the clip safety mod that doesn't sacrifice integrity, let me know! Anyone others with after market trigger experience would be a bonus.
Concerning the Rugers Mk pistols, here is a 3:29 minute video I've posted before. I have the Speed Strip in mine and I like it.

Last edited by Vincine; 07-08-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
contact JonM. he has lots of knowledge of the Ruger pistols and has made modifications to his own Mark III pistols.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

^5................

Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Who needs to buy a trigger when you have a dremel!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

My 22/45 didn't have the best trigger but it does seem to calm down with use over time. I still might attempt a trigger job but if it keeps smoothing out I might just let time do it for me. It's really not bad enough to make me do something. It's more of a want to..maybe thing...

It's funny gut I bought it as a way of 1911 training on the cheap but it quickly become something much different. Now it has a tactical Solutions 9.5 Pac Lite bbl and Leupold glass on it. Fantastic plinker though

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
My 22/45 didn't have the best trigger but it does seem to calm down with use over time. I still might attempt a trigger job but if it keeps smoothing out I might just let time do it for me. It's really not bad enough to make me do something. It's more of a want to..maybe thing...

It's funny gut I bought it as a way of 1911 training on the cheap but it quickly become something much different. Now it has a tactical Solutions 9.5 Pac Lite bbl and Leupold glass on it. Fantastic plinker though
DJ, i feel the same way! part of me wants to modify the trigger, but it's just not that big a problem for me to rush into doing it. it works pretty good just as is. might get around to that and the mag safety one of these days when i get bored and want another project. but for now, and after over 3000 rounds, it's not a big priorty yet.