Redid my Taurus PT92C
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Redid my Taurus PT92C

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Redid my Taurus PT92C

Well I took my factory grips off of my Taurus and put some Hogue grips and a Hogue hand all on it as well. I also replaced the paint for the safety and sights with a high visibility green they were white. Below are some before and after pics along with a pic of my sights.

pict0038.jpg   pict0037.jpg   pict0054.jpg   pict0052.jpg   gun-2-.jpg  

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #2

Default pt92c grips

where on earth did you get the black grips under those hogue slip ons

Old 07-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

How about stopping by the introduction area and letting us all know who you are.

Now about the grips

I bought PT92 Hogue stocks. I cut them in half, rounded the butt to match the lines of the frame; Then I put the Hogue Handall on to hide the cut marks.

It's kind of barbaric, I know but since it was impossible to find any I just made my own.

They work great can't even tell they're cut. Of course if I were to sell it I would include the original grips and inform the buyer of the modifications.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 07-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I like the GREEN dots the best. What kind of paint was it?

Old 07-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My wife's finger nail polish lol

Old 07-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #6

very nice job dude!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioActiV View Post
My wife's finger nail polish lol
I've used nail polish and that testers model paint. Seems to work pretty well. I didn't like the green on mine as much because I sometimes couldn't focus on the sights as easy if there was a lot of trees in the background. Anywhere else they worked fine though. It's just I do a lot of my practice at home so I needed more contrast. Looks real good,let us know how the maiden voyage range trip goes.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

[QUOTE=DrumJunkie;let us know how the maiden voyage range trip goes.[/QUOTE]

It shoots Great! (always has) Can't notice any abnormalities from where I modified the grip. I'm able to pick up the front site very well in day light.

At night it's a lost cause. So I've been thinking about getting some of that glow in the dark testers paint and doing it up in that. I thought that green would pick up pretty good in the dark. Because my wife had that bottle sitting on the dresser one night and all I had on was my tv and it just seemed to glow. That's what gave me the idea lol. But hey it's all trial and error you know.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #9

I was wondering if you would be interested in selling the factory grips. Mine have broke. MY email is r-weav11@hotmail.com. If we come to a price agreement, I was wondering if you could make it a buy it now item and contact me as soon as you put it up for sale. Thank you for your time.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #10

Default inspired by radio

So I redid my PT92C as well. I used the Uncle Mike PT92/99 grips and Hogue Handall. I was completely inspired by this thread.

I had to drill new lower grip screw holes and trim off appx 3/16" of the lower portion of the actual grip. The grips are rubber around metal so my local impromptu gunsmith (my mechanic) let me use his grinder wheel to trim down the bottom of the grips. The handall does a great job "concealing" the grind and there's no exposed metal. I also beveled the bottom of the grip once ripped down to match the original bevel of the full size grips. A very small portion of the inside of the grip had to be trimmed to accommodate placement against the PT92C's handle frame. Grip screws need replacing next.

Cleaned her, lubed her and wiped her down and she's even sexier than before. Next mission, to find a loving home for her.

Ad pic

Side View

W/out mag

w mag
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/pilotmedic/Gun%20Pics/IMG_1689.jpg?t=1327528036

Open B

comments?