Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Range Report - Taurus 24/7 OSS DS Tactical .45 ACP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 AM   #1
J_B
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Range Report - Taurus 24/7 OSS DS Tactical .45 ACP

I could not be happier right now over how the Taurus 24/7 OSS Tactical shoots. Many had reported that they were shooting low and left with their same pistol. I did not discover any problems with my OSS Tactical today at all. It functioned as I expected it to, not as reported by Taurus nay sayers who for what ever reason just had Taurus guns.

Here is me at 10 yards after shooting this nice target. Normally I use a B27 type of target but was limited for today since I was just getting used to this new pistol.

Here is that same target in the lower right hand corner on the BG Target.

Here is that first target from the snow bank that I shot at by itself, as you can see I had one round that I jerked the trigger a bit on. Hey no one is perfect here..... :P

Me thinks this is a real keeper.

And I have a song by the Eagles to pass onto those who for what ever reason still hate Taurus.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Excellent report J_B, thanks for taking the time to put the good information out there.

I don't know what it is about Taurus, some people just want to bag on them because they know someone, who knows someone who once got personally run over by a Taurus delivery truck or something. I never see any pictures of the "supposed" defects and the real "issues" - it's all talk.

I am glad that you got a good model you are happy with and appreciate the write up.

JD

Old 02-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #3

I love my OSS .45. It functions flawlessly and hits what I aim at. I shoot IDPA with it and never have any problems. The Taurus bashers can say what they want, but this is a fine pistol.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #4

I own 2 Taurus revolvers and love them. Both have been super-reliable, and very accurate. I think Taurus produced some real garbage when they first came out, and there is a lot of residual hate. Their modern stuff seems spot-on though, and you can't beat the guarantee!

My father-in-law just picked up the 24/7. I gotta try it out now...

Old 02-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Nice shooting! Keep up the good work.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #6

thank you for this information on the taurus i have been thinking about purchasing one and with your input on it i now have better information

Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #7

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

With respect to JD, not all Taurus "bashing" is heresay. I bought a new Taurus 24/7 Pro a few years ago and the trigger reset quit functioning within a week at less than 100 rounds fired.

IIRC, it took 12 weeks for Taurus to return the gun. I will never buy another poly Taurii again - once burned is enough. There are just to many guns in the same price range that don't have the spotty QC and terrible customer service of Taurus...

Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

No offense taken NGIB, you will notice my post was from Feb 11th of 2009.

A lot has come out around the forum since that post. Bear bought a Taurus and had good results. A couple of other guys have had some customer service issues with Taurus.

End of the day, I don't own any poly guns and I don't have any of the reported.

Just saying......