Racking the slide - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Racking the slide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I get all the practice i can, but only during off-work hours, accounting has too much math & boring tedium. Also, people tend to become uncomfortable when their accountant says "Dude" more than five or six times in a conversation.
"Dude" might be fine, it is the 5 second pause after "Dude" followed by, "you got any Dorito's?" that may put them in an uneasy situation....LMAO

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Tax season is past looming now. I spent much of last month making W-2's. So far, this month has been occupied with filing a bunch of the simpler (old people) returns. In a few weeks, my cats will become affectionate from separation anxiety. My April 15th bonus should buy some nice toys, though or at least some ammo. I do keep snacks in my desk, just in case, though i did have a dietary supplement that i could take to suppress the carb cravings.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #63

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Tax season is past looming now. I spent much of last month making W-2's. So far, this month has been occupied with filing a bunch of the simpler (old people) returns. In a few weeks, my cats will become affectionate from separation anxiety. My April 15th bonus should buy some nice toys, though or at least some ammo.
I'm truly glad that I'm a government accountant and not a tax accountant. I hate doing taxes, even though I do the taxes for all in my family...

Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 AM   #64

In thinking about a number of replies to this thread, doesn't it stand to reason that if a person practices and trains by using the slide release, or pulling the slide, with no functional issues, this method will be reliable in a real life situation?

"My thinker must be broken"

Old 02-11-2010, 02:06 AM   #65

Liked 242 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Jimbob :
It will work, provided you use the same gun every time. If you are used to the slide release on a 1911 and need to work a Glock in a hurry, you might fumble. That's why I said you should use the slingshot method on all guns and...because I was unaware of the one exception ( the Kahr ), I'm told I know nothing about guns....LOL

Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 AM   #66

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I'm truly glad that I'm a government accountant and not a tax accountant. I hate doing taxes, even though I do the taxes for all in my family...
The government has accountants? Someone needs to tell them that assets have debits, not equity (that's an accounting joke). If my books looked like the government's I believe you would see me on CNN in an orange jumpsuit.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobpissypants View Post
In thinking about a number of replies to this thread, doesn't it stand to reason that if a person practices and trains by using the slide release, or pulling the slide, with no functional issues, this method will be reliable in a real life situation?
Yes, which is good and bad, good that how you train is how you will fight, bad that how you train is how you will fight (i.e. The Newhall Incident) Both methods work well, it's up to you to make it work, nothing is fool proof.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #68

Liked 242 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 12

SigGambler :
Re-read my post above and see if you agree with me or not. There is good, better, and best ( Oh, and also Kahr ).

Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #69

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
SigGambler :
Re-read my post above and see if you agree with me or not. There is good, better, and best ( Oh, and also Kahr ).
Just so you understand, I didn't bring up the Kahr to talk about the gun. I brought up the Kahr to prove your statement about slingshotting working with ALL semi-autos was wrong.

The main difference between you and the rest of us is:

You: read something and post it as fact

We: own and shoot the guns we talk about

I (and I'm sure many other regulars) do find your posts funny though as you continue to beat dead horses and post what you've read as gospel...

Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
SigGambler :
I personally don't believe in good, better, or best when it comes to this. I believe that best is a personal thing for each person. It's a Karate vs. Judo vs Ninja's vs Kung Fu Spanking Monkey Flinging Poo question. Every training that I took was by someone who is a LEO or EX-LEO who keeps up to date on training methods and they never said this was best or that was better. They would say "you need to know how to do this because of ________ might happen". or they would talk about how some sort of training use to be this way or that way but they had to change it because _____________ (usually because some tragedy had happened).
Again, I personally don't sling shot most of the time and if you’re carrying a gun that you can’t instinctively load blindfolded, you probably shouldn’t be carrying it, but this is just a personal opinion, not fact. My experience is just that “My Experience” and not someone else’s.