Quick Service from Ruger - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Quick Service from Ruger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 02:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
The P89 and the P97 are hammer fired, in single action the trigger pull is heavy. The SR9 is a striker fired pistol and has the trigger of your P89 or P97 when the hammer is in a dual action position (pulled back). Hence the add of the safety trigger. I don't own a SR9 but do own other striker fired pistols and the safety trigger is a good add IMO. BTW I do own a few Ruger P series and know there triggers well.
I am not trying to be confrontational. I still don't understand, how does the trigger safety make the gun less likely to fire? Whenever your finger or any object touches the trigger, the safety is off. Does the trigger safety make the trigger pull heavier? I really am trying to understand.

My P89 can not fire even if cocked and the safety is off unless the trigger is pullled. My P97 does not even have a safety (decocker only) but it cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled. How would adding a trigger safety to either one make them less likely to fire?

I understand that the Glock with its trigger safety had a problem with unintentional discharges. That's why the New York trigger was added. Don't they tell you to use a holster with a Glock that covers the trigger guard to help prevent unintentional discharges?
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Win73,

I doin't think you and WDB are saying anything different. No confrontation here. I believe most sidearm manufacturers will suggest a holser that covers the guard and trigger....heck, general common sense says so, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:58 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win73 View Post
I am not trying to be confrontational. I still don't understand, how does the trigger safety make the gun less likely to fire? Whenever your finger or any object touches the trigger, the safety is off. Does the trigger safety make the trigger pull heavier? I really am trying to understand.

My P89 can not fire even if cocked and the safety is off unless the trigger is pullled. My P97 does not even have a safety (decocker only) but it cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled. How would adding a trigger safety to either one make them less likely to fire?

I understand that the Glock with its trigger safety had a problem with unintentional discharges. That's why the New York trigger was added. Don't they tell you to use a holster with a Glock that covers the trigger guard to help prevent unintentional discharges?
Best I can offer is the safety trigger on the M&P requires presure on the lower end on the trigger to fire. Yes if your finger is on the trigger appling pressure then ANY firearm will fire if it doesn't have a external safety, set in the safety on position. The safety trigger prevents the trigger being snaged in something and while not perfect expects certain conditions to be in place to fire the pistol.

I expect I'm missing your point unless it was to agree that a finger needs to be on the trigger for the firearm to work as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:03 AM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Win73,

I doin't think you and WDB are saying anything different. No confrontation here. I believe most sidearm manufacturers will suggest a holser that covers the guard and trigger....heck, general common sense says so, imo.
Well expressed Skull, I must be missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
The safety trigger prevents the trigger being snaged in something and while not perfect expects certain conditions to be in place to fire the pistol.
If something snags the trigger and the safety is on the trigger, isn't the gun going to fire anyway? Again in that instance the trigger safety doesn't buy you any additional protection. I really am trying to come up with "something" that the trigger safety gives you that you wouldn't have without it.

I use my P97DC (with no safety) as an example. If the trigger is pulled, that gun will fire. If the trigger is not pulled, that gun will not fire. The Glock or any other gun with a trigger safety is exactly the same way. If the trigger is pulled, the gun will fire. If the trigger is not pulled, the gun will not fire. Can anyone tell me how the trigger safety makes it less likely that the trigger can be pulled?
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.