Question for Ruger SR-9 and SR-40 owners

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Question for Ruger SR-9 and SR-40 owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Question for Ruger SR-9 and SR-40 owners

Have you had any problems with the gun? Does it like certain types of ammo? Any Accidental Discharges?

I'm looking to get an SR40, but I would like a second opinion since after watching Nutnfancy's video on the SR9. (it was failing to feed when he popped in fresh mags, when he returned it to Ruger, they said they fixed it by replacing the barrel. He still had the same problems with it, so he had to send it back again)

this info would be important to me because it may end up being my carry gun.

thanks for the help

-Indy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Maybe this will help. It's a review/report on my SR9c: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/range-report-ruger-sr9c-32266/

I only have 400 rounds through mine. Not a single hiccup or problem. In the report, you'll see that I fired six types of ammunition. BTW, the WinClean ammunition has a truncated cone bullet.

I'm happy with it, but it needs more rounds downrange. However, based on it performance so far, I expect it to run like a top.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-20-2010, 04:15 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

thanks so much CA, this is exactly what I needed

Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

My pleasure, I hope it helps.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought an SR9 about 6 months ago. I've probably put about 800 rounds through it. The first 100 or so I had quite a few FTFs, and the front sight came loose on me. For the last 500 rounds or so no malfunctions--I think it's like any other pistol, you need to put about 1000 rounds through it before it totally smooths out and becomes 100% reliable. The trigger has gotten better as I've shot it. I think it's about to the point where I'd feel good trusting my life to it. The 9mm is very pleasant to shoot--never shot it in the 40 but I imagine it's pretty snappy. Good luck.

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 10-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #6

Likes Given: 1

After years of flawless operation with my Mark II, I am considering purchasing an SR9. I am one of those "southpaws" and am wondering the "lefty friendliness" of this sidearm.
Thanks for your input.

"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Old 10-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It has an ambi safety and an ambi magazine release. That sounds lefty friendly to me.