PX Storm 40 vs. S&W 659
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > PX Storm 40 vs. S&W 659

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default PX Storm 40 vs. S&W 659

I got a fella who is wanting to trade a Beretta PX Storm 40 cal for my S&W 659 Stainless 9mm

I don't know anything about the Beretta. Right now my everyday CC is a SAXD 45

When I googled both guns the Smith and the Beretta were about equal value on GunsAmerica
My Smith has Pachmayer grips

Opinion's on the swap?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #2

Did he let you shoot the beretta? Great way to tell if you want to trade money aside.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

I would Definetly be running acouple of mags thru it before swapping. And plan to let him do the same. I live in the sticks so going to the range isn't nessasary Just step out in the yard. Ive never really traded one of my guns before. And I'm gonna see if local Law will run the numbers. The guy bought the Beretta from an individual not a shop. I called a local FFL I have bought from before and asked what he would charge to do a transfer just to check the gun and background of the guy I would be trading with. He tells me too just get all the guys info and take the gun to Law Enforcement after the trade. But if there is a problem the gun would be confiscated ( duhhh )
I asked about checking the numbers before the swap he said law enforcement usually wouldn't do if you didn't have the weapon in your hands.
In Missouri Guns are not registered but I suppose if I decide to make the trade I could call the local sheriffs and see if we could make the trade there so both guns could be checked. If the guy spooks or refuses that would be reason enough for me to walk away from the trade

Old 07-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #4

Can't help you with the legal issues but the PX4 is a great weapon. I have the 9 version which has been a reliable good shooting pistol. They are selling at CDNN for $440 in their new catalog 9mm or 40. Best of luck.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #5

Thanks that's good to hear. It's gonna be a couple weeks before I even get a chance to check it out and shoot it. I've never shot a Beretta of any kind and the only 40 I've shot was Glock and a Taraus and that was day n dark the Taraus wasn't that great as far as I was concerned

Old 07-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5519 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Just get the serial number make model take that to the police and ask if its stolen before youbuy.

Find a different ffl person. He gave you bad advice

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Just get the serial number make model take that to the police and ask if its stolen before youbuy.

Find a different ffl person. He gave you bad advice
Appreciate it Think that's the route I'll go after shooting the gun
To me it just wouldn't seem normal that any copshop would mind running a check on a weapon for you. Hell if it comes up stolen it's easy enough to tell them where to find it.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2707 Times on 1416 Posts
Likes Given: 221

The 659 is an outdated 2nd generation pistol. They were just OK for their day. The 5906 is a much better pistol. I have never shot a Storm, but it looks like it uses a rotating barrel system like the Cougar. I like these, they seem to work well. Both of you shoot them and stop by the PD. Have each one run through NCIC so both are assured of the status. Make handwritten receipts with each other's DL numbers incase something happens later.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Both of you shoot them and stop by the PD. Have each one run through NCIC so both are assured of the status. Make handwritten receipts with each other's DL numbers incase something happens later.
This ^^^.

The Beretta PX Storm 40 cal is a good little shooter. The wife even likes hers. It would be a good swap, IMHO.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”