Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Pushing Glocks? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/pushing-glocks-33324/)

Tidalforce79 10-21-2010 12:04 AM

Pushing Glocks?

I just recently read a people being pushy about selling Glocks. Now, in itself, seems like something that's just on of those things. However, I have had several friends tell me they had they same experience, and I myself had a person try to push a Glock on me at the gun store......any idea? Conspiracy?

M14sRock 10-21-2010 12:16 AM

People are either passionate for, or against, Glocks.

There are many great reasons to own a Glock, and if it fits your hand I recommend it highly. They are excellent pistols.

As for any kind of conspiracy, nope. Good, solid, reliable, durable pistols.

But if it does not fit your hand, look into an XD, or FNP or such.

zhuk 10-21-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidalforce79 (Post 371739)
I just recently read a people being pushy about selling Glocks. Now, in itself, seems like something that's just on of those things. However, I have had several friends tell me they had they same experience, and I myself had a person try to push a Glock on me at the gun store......any idea? Conspiracy?

Maybe the shop wanted to get rid of some older stock?

Only ever seen gunshop salespeople advise, never push. But considering there are so few pistol shooters down here they probably don't want to drive customers away :p

beaglesam 10-21-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhuk (Post 371756)
Maybe the shop wanted to get rid of some older stock?

Only ever seen gunshop salespeople advise, never push. But considering there are so few pistol shooters down here they probably don't want to drive customers away :p

Profit margin has the most to do with it I believe.

M14sRock 10-21-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaglesam (Post 371758)

When I worked in and owned gun stores I never pushed anything because of profit margin. I pushed things I was passionate about.

beaglesam 10-21-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M14sRock (Post 371764)
When I worked in and owned gun stores I never pushed anything because of profit margin. I pushed things I was passionate about.

You are right. It depends on the the shop. The ones that I frequent in Dayton, Ohio are split. The high volume stores really push one manufacturer over the other. From what I've learned they get a better deal from one manufacturer over another, so they push that gun. The smaller shops you will get different opinions from two different workers, their preferences.

indyfan 10-21-2010 03:43 AM

My gun dealer asks me a few questions before he suggests something.

What are you gonna be using it for? What caliber are you looking for? What size of handgun do you want?

He doesn't push Glocks. Neither does the Glock armorer that works there.

It isn't a conspiracy, just some random Glock fan you dealt with.

zhuk 10-21-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaglesam (Post 371758)

What sort of profit margin would you get out of a approx-$500 gun (as I believe it goes for in the US)?

Shelling out about $800-1000 for one here, well maybe I could understand :p

gilfo 10-21-2010 06:42 PM

Probably pushing the older models to make room for the Gen 4's.

Dillinger 10-21-2010 06:50 PM

I'd rather PUSH my Glock than ride in a .... Wait. What? :confused: