PT-140 Millenium Pro
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > PT-140 Millenium Pro

View Poll Results: How has your Taurus been?
NO failures, Great gun BUY IT 0 0%
Minimal Faliures, only when dirty, or certain ammo, etc. 5 100.00%
Piece of trash, lots of issues, sent back to Taurus, DON'T BUY IT!! 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default PT-140 Millenium Pro

I am considering a PT-140. How has yours treated you? Have you had any feed or eject issues? Has it been back to Taurus? How long have you had it? Any other comments? With your experience with it should I get it?

Thanks for your advice!
Jason

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't own a Taurus, but I have fired the PT-145 and the PT-745. Both worked flawlessly. (The PT-745 is very similar, but with a single stack magazine.) The size of the guns and the shape of the grips felt very good in my hand. I fired the PT-745 at the same time as a Kimber 3" 1911. The Kimber felt much more solid and the trigger was light years better, in spite of the more comfortable grip. I know the Kimber cost 3 times as much, but the Taurus' slide didn't fit to the frame very well and fit and finish was lacking. If I can notice, it's obvious. The PT-145 felt better than the PT-745, but my 15 year old Ruger P85 was more accurate than both.

At their current prices, they are good guns. I just don't know if I would choose a Taurus for concealed carry based on fit and finish.

I didn't vote because I've only fired each gun once and it's not the same as a PT-140. The PT-140 shares the same frame as the 9mm PT-111 if I'm not mistaken. The 140 has very comfortable grips also. Even better than the 145. I decided on a Kahr CW9, even though I haven't had a chance to break it in. I like the fit and finish and felt more comfortable with the DAO and 3 less ounces of weight. The Taurus holds more ammo. I almost went with the CW40.

Last edited by Texanbybirth; 06-30-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #3

I had a pt140. Ran about 100 rounds through it, over a period of about 2 weeks. I kept it clean and lubed. Then it started to have problems with magazines, failure to eject, failure to fire. Turned out to be little 1.50 parts. I lost confidence in it. I liked the feel and it shot great....when it worked. Not thrilled with carrying a gun that you don't know if it would fire or not, so I returned it to the dealer and pitched a fit and he gave me full value as a trade for a M&P40c. Love this one and it feels great and shoots everytime. Can't recommend buying most anything based on price. Do some homework and read this forum for awhile first.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #4

I had one for a short while. Reliability was very good, feel was good, but accuracy was horrible. I'm a decent shot with my other handguns, including other .40 cals., but got rid of this one since I couldn't keep it on paper at 7 yards. Had a PT145 and it was reliable and accurate. Traded it for a 1911 and have wished I had it back many times.