The pros and cons of Glock... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The pros and cons of Glock...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

Yes the grip on my glock 30 is way to thick and idk if that's what makes me inaccurate with it I'm thinking it's a mixture of everything being stated
Its something thats almost a deal breaker. I shot my buddys 19 and it was better for some stupid reason but mine is a 17od green and should be just a nice as his. I am seriously thinking of changes my alligence. Not sure where to turn yet

Old 07-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #12

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical

Its something thats almost a deal breaker. I shot my buddys 19 and it was better for some stupid reason but mine is a 17od green and should be just a nice as his. I am seriously thinking of changes my alligence. Not sure where to turn yet
Try the 1911 platform picked my first one up a few months ago and now am a believer and carry it every day as my ccw there not for everybody but it's worth checking out if your not as mechanically inclined as other try the baretta first fires a lot like my 1911 just a lot easier to break down

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #13

I want to go to walther. I am always looking to try new firearms to find the very best thing for my girly hands lol. I want to find a friend with a 1911 and try it out

Old 07-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #14

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I loathe GLOCK. I hate the way it feels in my hand, I hate the grip angle, and quite frankly I'm scared the damn thing will go off or blow up if I look at it wrong. That's because of first hand accounts I've gotten from (previous) owners, and because it just don't feel safe to me, and I carried a revolver for several years that operated the same way, no safety, pull the damn bang switch.

But, WTS, it works, I'm accurate with it, is easy to break down and maintain, and I THINK the original 17 that was made famous via outrageous torture testing is still alive and kicking somewhere.

I'll get one someday. There are other guns much higher on my "must have" list though. In fact, GLOCK is near the bottom, right above hi point. Hi point is at the bottom.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #15

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

As far as I can tell the only real con with glock is they're ugly.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I loathe GLOCK. I hate the way it feels in my hand, I hate the grip angle, and quite frankly I'm scared the damn thing will go off or blow up if I look at it wrong. That's because of first hand accounts I've gotten from (previous) owners, and because it just don't feel safe to me, and I carried a revolver for several years that operated the same way, no safety, pull the damn bang switch.

But, WTS, it works, I'm accurate with it, is easy to break down and maintain, and I THINK the original 17 that was made famous via outrageous torture testing is still alive and kicking somewhere.

I'll get one someday. There are other guns much higher on my "must have" list though. In fact, GLOCK is near the bottom, right above hi point. Hi point is at the bottom.
Wow lol what a strong statement. I respect it tho. I saw the test and have seen the 18 in you tube fire flawlessly. Its hard for me because i grew up with glocks but i like to know how everyone feels

Old 07-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #17

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

I love my glocks. It fits great, it shoots where I point and it ALWAYS functions. I would like to see personally a glock that has gone off with no manipulation of the trigger. They don't. I have carried mine loaded on duty 24/7 for five years. In fact 40 of us have. When not hot on our person they are stored hot in a locker. Never once has there been an ad in over 20 years my unit has been in operation. Our armorer did testing trying to get a glock to ad. It just doesn't happen on a functioning maintained glock.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #18

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical

Wow lol what a strong statement. I respect it tho. I saw the test and have seen the 18 in you tube fire flawlessly. Its hard for me because i grew up with glocks but i like to know how everyone feels
They DO work, no one will ever hear me disagree with that. My personal experience says "if you pull the trigger, it WILL go bang"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdub
I love my glocks. It fits great, it shoots where I point and it ALWAYS functions. I wolf like to see personally a glock that has gone off with no manipulation of the trigger. They don't. I have carried mine loaded on duty 24/7 for five years on duty. In fact 40 of us have. When not hot on our person they are stored hot in a locker. Never once has thete been an ad in over 20 years my unit has been in operation. Our armor did testing trying to get a glock to ad. It just doesn't happen on a functioning maintained glock.
I won't disagree on that. I do feel like they are a little too easy to accidentally manipulate the trigger. I don't see it as a GLOCK issue solely, it's also the same thing I don't like about my parent's M&P's.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:05 AM   #19

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Any good quality handgun will be dependable as long as it is taken care of. My 1911 fires every time

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 07-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #20

There are many people on both sides of this. I will have to make a desicion at some point soon as to change or not