Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The pros and cons of Glock...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Default The pros and cons of Glock...

What do you think of Glocks. I want a serious answer here. I have always argued for Glock but i hear a lot of you guys hate on them. I want to know the reasons behind both sides

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #2

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Just was commenting about glocks on another thread. I have owned several glocks through out the years they have always been really reliable never jam and never misfire and they don't get hot as hell when it sits in my car but in my opinion that doesn't out way the fact that they are uncomfortable to shoot no safety's and inaccurate. I have a glock 30 right now and have to say it just sits I prefer my 92fs or 1911 I want accuracy and idk if it's just me but I'm not good with glocks

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

jakebrake Likes This 
Old 07-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19593 Times on 11121 Posts
Likes Given: 49333

personally i think the Glock is an excellent design that just plain works as long as the person using it knows the proper rules of gun safety in the first place. that's the pro's on it, it just plain works.

the con's are just the same as any other pistol, comes down to ergonomics, it just doesn't fit everyones hand, but if it does, then it comes in many different calibers, which is a plus.

sputnik1988 Likes This 
Old 07-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #4

I have shoot my Glock many times and i have to come out and openly say i agree. I can hold on target and shoot and i dont usually have a great grouping. But i have friends and have seen people be dead on. So its hard for me because i am a fan but want more out of a firearm. I love the 92fs and want one bad.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Just was commenting about glocks on another thread. I have owned several glocks through out the years they have always been really reliable never jam and never misfire and they don't get hot as hell when it sits in my car but in my opinion that doesn't out way the fact that they are uncomfortable to shoot no safety's and inaccurate. I have a glock 30 right now and have to say it just sits I prefer my 92fs or 1911 I want accuracy and idk if it's just me but I'm not good with glocks
My Glock 19 is comfortable and accurate. Glocks have 3 safetys, just no manual ones. I feel just as safe carrying a Glock with one in the pipe as I do with anything else unloaded.

Bottom line, it ain't going off on its own, it needs help from an outside source. I love Glocks for SD. They aren't and never will be my favorite range gun, but they do what they are designed for very nicely.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like them because they are a simple and just plain work. I put over 3000 rounds through my G17 in a week of training without a single issue. As far as them being inaccurate...I strongly disagree. I have shot 100% in every range qualification I've used mine on. Generally speaking an accuracy problem lies within the shooter, not the gun. Some people just don't shoot them well.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 07-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #7

The 92fs is great and if your looking for the hammer and thumb safety it has its a little harder to break down than a glock but easy enough but I gotta say for some damn reason every time I clean my 1911 it take me damn near 10 mins to get the slide stop through the barrel lol

Old 07-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #8

I carry one and i think its great but the grip is to big and i think thats where my problem lies

Old 07-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I don't hate Glocks, I just don't mesh with them. They have a different grip angle and ergonomics than my 1911. That means it isn't a natural pointer for me. I tend to shoot very high with one when point shooting. The controls are not intuitive for me, but that is mostly because I grew up in the school of John Browning. Most of my early firearms were heavily influenced by his designs, so I instinctively know where different controls are and how the internal parts work.

For me, it's the Mac versus PC question. I've been using the PC (1911) for a long time, so the newer designs of the Glock just don't do anything for me. Now they do build a quality product, so if they ever make a 1911 type pistol, I'm in!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical
I carry one and i think its great but the grip is to big and i think thats where my problem lies
Yes the grip on my glock 30 is way to thick and idk if that's what makes me inaccurate with it I'm thinking it's a mixture of everything being stated