Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Problem i have been having. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/problem-i-have-been-having-91784/)

jeffkaiser1989 06-04-2013 11:11 PM

Problem i have been having.

Im hoping maybe somebody has had the same problem as me. A few weeks ago around may 10 i bought a brand new I.O Hellcat .380. I get it home goto to disassemble clean and oil it and the assembly spring pops out of place seperating the frame from the lower reciever. I promptly the next business day in fact went back to where i bought it and had it sent back to I.O INC. It is now June 4th and still no gun. I have called them for updates if they do not answer i never hear back from them if they do answer they dont know what is going on with my firearm. In 2 days i have a ccw class i was suppose to take with this gun. Needless to say im a little ticked off. Is there someplace where i can file a formal complaint against the company? Is there some way i can make them realize that this is extremely poor customer service? What can i do aside from re saving the money and buying a 500+ dollar gun to replace the one that broke so i can take my course? I am working but i dont get paid till friday and i wont have enough out of one check to replace the gun. Can anybody help me here atleast with some advice. I would appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read this long post.

NC1760 06-04-2013 11:46 PM

What the...??

First things first... Contact the CCW instructor and see if he or she can provide a loner for the class (I assume you cannot barrow from a friend). Another alternative would be contacting the LGS you bought it from and see if they would do a rebate/replacement/trade in on a DIFFERENT brand of firearm. They don't want to loose a customer... even if the faceless gun maker doesn't seem to care.

NOW... type up a review for this Forum and feel free to post on any and all other firearm, shooting forums. Stick to the facts and let the company know... After all... it's still a free country... for now.

eatmydust 06-05-2013 12:24 AM

I own an I.O. Hellcat II .380 and I have emailed the company re.: magazine spring challenges, no response yet, after 4 - 5 weeks. I wish you luck. For now go get another sidearm to take your CCW class with. Ruger LCPs run around $350 new, you've probably already got the ammo.

NC1760 06-05-2013 12:49 AM

CCW handgun suggestions....

I tried to get a LC9 when they were relatively new.... Sold out!! BUT... my local Ma & Pa had this for $180... the Radom P64.. AND I LOVE IT;
My father-in-law did get an LC9 and he loves his. There is also the LCP in 380.. and my brother bought a Beretta Nano in 9mm. Many good choices out there!!

jeffkaiser1989 06-05-2013 01:19 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. i will be posting a review once i get the gun back. The reason i bought was i got to shoot it at a range a gentleman there was nice enough to allow me to put 100rds through it with no malfunctions of any kind. plus it feels comfortable in the hand. but yea ill try and see if my instructor has a gun i can borrow or if i can get a friend to loan me one. thanks again

nate913 06-05-2013 04:13 AM

Pretty sure I read in shot gun news that they are moving to Florida. I will double check in the AM and let you know. That may be why no answer.

NC1760 06-05-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate913 (Post 1268037)
Pretty sure I read in shot gun news that they are moving to Florida. I will double check in the AM and let you know. That may be why no answer.

That may be... but it's still no excuse for a weeks long backlog for answering your customers back concerning product and (promised) warranty issues. A couple of hours or days (no more than 2 business) I can understand... but the customer should always come first !!

nate913 06-05-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC1760
That may be... but it's still no excuse for a weeks long backlog for answering your customers back concerning product and (promised) warranty issues. A couple of hours or days (no more than 2 business) I can understand... but the customer should always come first !!

You are100% correct that's a bunch of BS Regardless if they moved or not. You paid money for their product, it's not working now, they should get back with you right away.

Chestys1911 06-05-2013 02:54 PM

P64 is a good pistol but a little rough on hand after alot of shooting. Makarov is where its at!

NC1760 06-05-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chestys1911 (Post 1268285)
P64 is a good pistol but a little rough on hand after alot of shooting. Makarov is where its at!

Yeah... The sights are pitifully small, it has a heel release for the mag and no slide lock... and I wouldn't want to shoot it all day.... BUT that 9x18 round has some PUNCH and it's a heavy, solid built little commie era shooter that you could beat someone sensless with if all else fails!! It's never not gone "bang" when I wanted, never jammed on me and eats any ammo I put through it... and I cannot say that about everything I have in the gun safe.