polymer with steel, better than alluminum? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > polymer with steel, better than alluminum?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I own them made both ways. I have seen nothing that can make me believe that an aluminum framed pistol like a Sig Sauer will not hold up as well as a Sigma. Nothing against the Sigma. I've owned one and thought it was a great gun...trigger aside. My Para LTC is an alloy framed pistol and it probably has more rounds though it then both the mentioned guns in the OP and I imagine they wont catch up any time soon. It's as good today as it was when I got it new a few years ago. Nothing helps proof like real world testing.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #12

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

Lol

You and anyone who prefers striker fired guns. Still baffling to me, but it takes all kinds.

Ps, I shot my friend's Sigma several times, great gun.
For me, in this case, its the brand. I say that admitting that I have not shot the cougar..but that I do not care for stoegers shotguns..so it comes from that. I do like my Striker-fired pictured above though))

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #13

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post

For me, in this case, its the brand. I say that admitting that I have not shot the cougar..but that I do not care for stoegers shotguns..so it comes from that. I do like my Striker-fired pictured above though))
The cougar is basically a baretta. Made on same beretta machines from what I understand.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #14

Liked 717 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
For the record, with my experience with the numerous type of firearms I've had in my possession...

I would still say that (1) the statement does not make any reference to a creditable source (so it is hearsay and not admissable), (2) it was said in the taunting guise of "Mine is better than yours" (proclamation without proof and not admissable), and (3) the unwillingness to address the issue and demonstrate proof of statement (forfeiture of professed statement) that the appropriate course of action is....

To nod your head and grunt like you agree just to shut him up!
I know someone like that, 'mine is better'... 'my 30-06 is better in every way than your 308'

I stopped debating him a long time ago

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

كافر

Old 05-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #15

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 238

Quote:
The cougar is basically a baretta. Made on same beretta machines from what I understand.
Yep, and it's one of the most accurate out of the box firearm I've every shot and with the rotary lockup design follow up shots are great due to very little recoil raise.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #16

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:

Good to know...thanks for the info.

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton