Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > To pocket carry or to not??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 209 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 15

locutus A vest in warm weather!! and anyone paying attention sees a vest in warm weather they can assume your carry'n. probably the only person in one. Warm weathers easy I allwqys dressed for hot weather. Then do the same no matter the temp. A can wear a botton down tucked in or polo type shirt . Even a one size large t-shirt and carry a cw9 kahr iwb. Wearing a kahr cw9 at a 2:10 position and draw sitting in the car or desk. Noo0 printing ether. It so about the right holster. At work, I do pocket a cm9 in bibs or carpenter jeans with a recluse holster now, It does look just like a wallet and then a minimal thin nylon wallet. Off work comp-tac minotaur neutral with a cw9 and my normal wallet. . For when nothing else works like thin dress slacks and white botton down a 380 tcp in the pocket.
]

Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5142 Times on 2932 Posts
Likes Given: 4354

I have three that I carry on a regular basis, depending on dress. a .25 ACP Beretta 950, a SIG P239 9mm and SIG P226 9MM

The little Beretta just drops in the front pocket.

The 239 has a Galco "Summer Special" IWB.

The 226 has a Galco "Maimi Special" shoulder rig.

The 226 under the arm is my favorite by a large margin but isn't always practical.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I used to pocket carry my LCP, But man is that thing a terd to shoot... you REALLY hope you never have to use those things in a self defense situation. I got rid of that when I got ahold of an M&P shield. Its a little larger and more practicle to carry with an inside the waist holster, But if you ever have to actually use the thing its well worth concealing the slightly larger gun.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:49 AM   #24

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonetarget View Post
I used to pocket carry my LCP, But man is that thing a terd to shoot... you REALLY hope you never have to use those things in a self defense situation.
A-muther lovin'-MEN to that!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

The LCP is 9.4 oz - joy to carry but not fun to shoot. sig P238 is just under a lb - people find it easy to shoot. The 938 is under 1 oz more and upgrades to full 9mm. Would like to see how it handles SD loads.
SAO - condition 1 is not ideal for pocket carry.

Which pocket holsters have people had good luck with ?

Last edited by Gonzilla; 03-22-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #26
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2001 Times on 1085 Posts
Likes Given: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post

I use DeSantis Nemesis for my S&W BG 380 and my Kahr PM9. Works great for me.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #27

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Quote:
The LCP is 9.4 oz - joy to carry but not fun to shoot. sig P238 is just under a lb - people find it easy to shoot. The 938 is under 1 oz more and upgrades to full 9mm. Would like to see how it handles SD loads.

Doesn't bother me to carry condition 1, or 2 as long as there's a pocket holster for the first. I use the DeSantis Nemesis and Remora. The safety CAN flip off while holstering or removing, but I find it rarely does. A simple check once holstered confirms if it's on or not and it won't change while in pocket unless you've got a really loose safety.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 878 Times on 585 Posts
Likes Given: 1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonetarget View Post
I used to pocket carry my LCP, But man is that thing a terd to shoot... you REALLY hope you never have to use those things in a self defense situation. I got rid of that when I got ahold of an M&P shield. Its a little larger and more practicle to carry with an inside the waist holster, But if you ever have to actually use the thing its well worth concealing the slightly larger gun.
LOL my P-64 9x18 is the same thing! Some seriously "snappy" recoil... But it is still my favorite pocket gun.....

Become steel or get cut.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 878 Times on 585 Posts
Likes Given: 1146

Quote:

I make my own since I do leatherwork as a hobby..However I have been a fan of the Desantis.. and even a run of the mill Mikes nylon pocket carry holster.

For me I search for a proper pant with a good pocket for carry. Dockers are my favorites, they do not "print" my pistol, they are adequately deep enough and the grip the holster well on draw.

Become steel or get cut.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

How about a Taurus PT709 "slim" 9mm for pocket carry? I know there's a lot of Taurus haters out there, but it seems most of the complaints about FTF and FTE occur primarily in the initial break-in period (the first 200 rounds). Also, many new Taurus owners fail to properly clean their new gun, and Taurus is famous for shipping their guns covered in heavy grease. They also seem to be more available now than "the usual suspects" (Glock, S&W, Ruger, Springfield) -- and cheaper. Kel-Tec PF9s are cheaper than the PT709, but you can't find PF9s hardly anywhere either.