Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Picking up my first Desert Eagle!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Picking up my first Desert Eagle!!!

I'm fairly excited about tomorrow because I will be going to my favorite gun shop and picking up my very first Desert Eagle. It is the black Mark XIX model in 44 mag. If anyone out there owns one do you have any wisdom on how to properly care for one. I know from reading articles and watching videos across the internet that they have a dual recoil spring system. I was also told that the springs should be wiped down with grease and not just your standard gun lube. Any truth to this and if so where can u get the grease u need?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #2

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

My old man a .44 and it's a lot of fun to shoot from a bench. He has a 4x scope and I can shoot nice clover leaves with it at 50 yards. He's never done anything special to it as far as cleaning. No problems so far. It's fun to shoot, but so are a bunch of other guns that aren't so heavy. It rarely gets taken out of the safe. Hope you enjoy yours.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #3

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I like the LAR Grizz .45 Win Mag. This gun also has a .357 Conv. kit. The "Muffler" can be removed and replaced with a Colt Bushing. The Big 1911 uses most of the internal parts found in a 1911 issue pistol. These guns are often found in Grizz country.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5128 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

just dont shoot unjacketed ammo. it will clog the gasport. other than that nothing special needed. just lube like any other handgun leave the gas piston dry.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #5

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

They are definitely an awesome weapon. Over the years I have wanted to own one in 50 or 44 until about a year ago when I picked one up for about the 3rd or 4th time and realized it's just too big for a skinny guy like me. Truth is my Redhawk with 7 1/2" barrel is at the upper end of common sense carrying for me. That being said, when I go hiking in the woods around my place I wouldn't leave home without it, especially considering the bear and cougar that are also in those same woods and may think I'm fair game.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I just had to sell mine this past summer. I had the new US made one in brushed chrome and 50 ae. I loved that gun but I didn't shoot it enough so it was the first to go when I need the extra money for my house payment. I will be buying another one later on in life.