Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Picked this up today-Taurus TCP 738

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Picked this up today-Taurus TCP 738

I checked the Cabela's add that started today and noticed that they had the Taurus TCP 738 on sale for $ 219.99. Seemed like a darn good price for a small carry piece for summer so I stopped in after work. Turns out it was a mis-print and it was $30 off the retail price of $ 329.99, for a sale price of $ 299.99, not $ 219.99. The sales guy was really decent though and offered me a price of $ 239.99, with a $ 75.00 gift card.

I have a couple Taurus's already and haven't had any bad luck with them so figured I'd give it a try.

I won't be able to get to the range until next Thursday.

Any other TCP owners out there?

img_7857.jpg  

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2010, 03:57 AM   #2

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

That's a great value for a CCW. I have been researching for a good CCW for a while now. I will be looking forward to your range report!

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 09-17-2010, 04:45 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Mine just came back from Taurus but I have not had a chance to test it out. I had many FTF's and a few ejection issues. Sales service was very good to me. They had FedEx pick it up and I had it back in 9 Days. They replaced the slide and I think the ejector and I can tell they polished the feed ramp. I like everything about the gun and I hope the problems were taken care of because I would like to carry it sometimes in my front pocket. I hope to test it out on Monday, 9/20. I will let you know the results.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
ET1

You got it for $239 AND you got a $75 gift certificate, or was it including the certificate? Either way it was a great deal.

I paid $319 for mine months ago. I wanted it as soon as I saw it. Your deal makes me wish I had had patience to wait instead of jumping on it as soon as I saw it. Anyway, my TCP has been 99%. The only ammo it won't cycle is Speer's Lawman fmj. Go figure. Congrats on a heck of a purchase.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I got it for $239 plus the $ 75 gift card! We were persistent about the mis-print on the add and he shot me a deal. I wonder how many other people saw that and what they did? I spent $ 50 of the card on ammo.

Only issue I see is the slide release is really hard! I have to pull back on the slide to release it. Didn't have to do that on the case model. I'm going to clean it out good with gun scrubber and take it to the range and put 50 through it to see if it loosens up. Cabelas is a "no returns" on guns but the first 30 days they'll send it to Taurus for you. Hopefully it will loosen up.

How is your slide release?

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 09-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I shot one at the range a guy had it was good shooter.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent