Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Picked up an SR9 thursday. *First Handgun*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Picked up an SR9 thursday. *First Handgun*

Let me start out by saying that this isn't the first handgun I've ever used. I was qualified on multiple weapons in the AF and have been shooting my brothers service Glock since 96'.

Anyway, I've just recently got into guns as a civilian. (I got pretty sick of my M-16 in the AF) About a month ago I decided I wanted a handgun to go along with my Marlin 60. It was at first between a Glock 19 and an XD. Then one day at my local Impact Guns I noticed the SR9 under the glass. I asked to hold it and was instantly blown away by how slim it is and how well it just fit my hand. So after reading and watching a bunch of reviews, I was sold.

So far I've put a little over 200 rounds through it and removed the mag safety. Now that it is somewhat worn in and with the mag safety removed the trigger is a dream. Easily comparable to any handgun I've used in the past. It's proven to be reliable with zero malfunctions in my hands. It has however failed to cycle when my wife was shooting it. I assume this is a limp wrist problem.

I fully intend on using it as my CCW once I find my DD-214. I already wear it around the house and being that it's ultra slim I barely notice it's there. Printing isn't bad either even with my love handles.

Well, that's enough rambling for now, on to the pics!

Feel free to ask any questions!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

First off, greeting from a fellow USAF nut.

You picked an excellent first handgun. The Ruger SR9 pistols are very well made, and will perform when you need it to. I think Ruger is a kind of best-kept secret in the gun world sometimes.

I own a P-series Ruger (P95) and I have yet to have any issues with it. I have currently 700 rounds fired through it with zero malfunctions (no lie - if it jammed, I would say so.)

Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Once you decide to add to your Ruger collection, give the P series a good hard look.

Here's my P95:

Old 03-31-2009, 01:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Once you decide to add to your Ruger collection, give the P series a good hard look.

Here's my P95:

Very nice! However, I don't think I'll ever need another handgun. Unless Ruger comes out with an SR9C

Old 03-31-2009, 01:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
First off, greeting from a fellow USAF nut.

You picked an excellent first handgun. The Ruger SR9 pistols are very well made, and will perform when you need it to. I think Ruger is a kind of best-kept secret in the gun world sometimes.

I own a P-series Ruger (P95) and I have yet to have any issues with it. I have currently 700 rounds fired through it with zero malfunctions (no lie - if it jammed, I would say so.)
Oh I believe you... I'm up to 250 in mine (only had it for 4 days ) and I haven't had a single issue.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #6

Congrats on your purchase, you picked a good one. I have one too and it is my favorite pistol.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #7

We know you'll never NEED another handgun, but who was talking about need? :-)

Anyway thanks for the pics and comments on the SR9. It is a gun that I've been giving some serious thought to. Not because I need another gun, but, you know, there are so many nice guns around!