Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Picked up the CZ P07 Duty - CZ got it right! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/picked-up-cz-p07-duty-cz-got-right-108704/)

chloeshooter 07-15-2014 06:52 PM

Picked up the CZ P07 Duty - CZ got it right!

3 Attachment(s)
I have been looking for a serious hi-cap carry gun. I am beginning to think that the process of always looking for a better IWB CCW is like a disease. Or a drinking habit. Or both.

I really like the size and hand-feel of my Ruger LC9 - but - it is not a particularly accurate pistol and at 7+1 not what I'd like especially with the 60 lb DA only trigger pull. I know the trigger can be upgraded, but I thought let's just upgrade the damn gun instead

This is CZ #3. I had the CZ83 and while it was fun to look at I really did not have a use for it so it became a SKS as part of a trade. The 75 BD Police I have is the finest shooting hand gun I have ever laid my hands on. But the thing is way too large dimensionally and heavy to be a CCW. Strictly a holster job. If I had to choose a sidearm she would be it, no question

I read some very nice reviews about the P07 Duty. I have found CZs to be extremely good quality especially considering what you pay for other bigger names. Kimber benefits greatly from the delusion people have that more money always equals better quality. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Sometimes you don't

A quick 50 rounds at the LGS range told me everything I needed to know. Low recoil and stays on-target just like the 75. Extremely accurate whether shooting deliberately at 25 yards or dumping the magazine at 7. I have become addicted to DA/SA pistols and I really like having that de-cocker. No messing around. Point and shoot. Nice big sights (night sights at some point) and actually a better sight picture than my CZ75.

I can't wait to get some more trigger time on this one. $485 + tax at the LGS, I have seen these for $435-450 on the internet but that was before shipping and FFL

manta 07-15-2014 06:54 PM

Nice handgun, enjoy.

mopowerbmx 07-15-2014 07:26 PM

I had one. Great shooter. I put over 500 rounds with no problems. A mix of everything. Steel,brass,cheep,and +p. I liked the omni trigger pull it felt way better than my Glocks. A clean break every time. Good buy. After I traded I new I made a mistake. I'm probably going to buy another one soon.

CrazedJava 07-15-2014 07:29 PM

They used to sell these at Academy but for some reason I don't see CZ pistols anymore even though they have started selling Tristars.

Thought it was a funky little gun when I first saw it, but haven't seen a bad review of it yet.

JTJ 07-15-2014 07:55 PM

Now if they need to bring out the 97 with a polymer frame to lighten it up. I would like one in 45 to go with the 9mm but 40 oz is a bit heavy. It weighs more than a 1911. I take it you put the decocker in. Nice that you have a choice.

chloeshooter 07-15-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 1604867)
I take it you put the decocker in. Nice that you have a choice.

it came that way with the piece needed to change to safety if desired. don't think I will ever make that switch though

sweeper22 07-15-2014 08:29 PM

The P-07 is a fine gun. Just your basic medium compact (G19 size) poly gun. If the size works for you, it's an excellent choice.

If you commit to the P-07 for carry, a P-09 might be worth considering as well. I have a P-09, which is essentially a full frame version of the P-07. It's been a great $500 gun so far. Almost as good as a $700 XDm, and the CZ comes with night sights.

chloeshooter 07-15-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 1604883)
The P-07 is a fine gun. Just your basic medium compact (G19 size) poly gun. If the size works for you, it's an excellent choice.

If you commit to the P-07 for carry, a P-09 might be worth considering as well. I have a P-09, which is essentially a full frame version of the P-07. It's been a great $500 gun so far. Almost as good as a $700 XDm, and the CZ comes with night sights.

I looked at the full size P07 and also the P09, the Duty version is at about my upper limits of what I can comfortably conceal carry IWB. They are all very fine guns, even considered the Rami but it is way too heavy for it's size IMO.

I expect that over time and capture of market share, CZ will figure out they are under-pricing their guns - they already know this no doubt - and the days of 'cheap' CZs will be over....

Defiant_one 07-15-2014 09:49 PM

CZ..The handguns

Everyone loves to shoot but too few own...LOL

I love my CZ (CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical). Is it heavy ? Yup. Full size ? Yup. Shoots like a champ...absolutely....Everything about it from the grip feel to the mechanism, highly reduced recoil...and spot on accuracy.

If anything HURTS the CZ I think might be availability ?

So obviously I have a heavy steel frame...would love to try one of their poly guns...Have not yet - Hmmm...maybe that's a good thing...LOL

JTJ 07-15-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeshooter (Post 1604877)
it came that way with the piece needed to change to safety if desired. don't think I will ever make that switch though

Interesting. Mine came with the safety installed.