Phoenix Arms .22 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Phoenix Arms .22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default phoenix arms HP22a or HP25a Disassembly

Anybody out there with a video on how to disassemble a Phoenix Arms HP 22A or HP25A? I bought one recently, but have yet to figure out how do it. Would appreciate any help.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #12

Hello all, I'm a new hp22 owner and was wondering what ammunition you have been running through it, when I purchased my rangemaster (nickel w/5" barrell and extended grip) I picked up a box of winchester 333 36g cphp at walmart.(for less than $10 I had just couldnt say no) My mistake right? As soon as I got home, I read the manual twice(first handgun I've owned) and cleaned the little guy. The next day My wife and I went to the range. First two mags I loaded 8 rounds (had read about breaking-in the mag but might have been for the walther p22) No problems at all....for the next 30 or so magazines I have had a problem with it feeding at least one round per mag sometimes up to 4 rounds. Now I am hoping it is the ammo. Before you freak out, This was over two trips to the range with proper cleaning after the first trip. Also the mag release on my gun works with the safety in FIRE position with no mods (I purchased it new in box). Is there a possiblity that there is a prob with the magazine? Figured I'd ask here Im hoping its the ammo I was using. Haven't gotten a chance to shoot any cci minimags yet or the standard vel remington fmj. Range closed Sun mon. and of course I'm offf work sun and mon. but anyway thanks for the info
Metalliman

Old 04-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #13

Default phoenix hp25a

Iam at the end of my rope.This weekend i got a hp25a as a gift it is my first gun. I have been trying for three days to get the barrel to lock back in place. I have used the instruction manual watched videos with no success is it me or has anybody else had this problem?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #14

I had a problem with the 5" barrel for the .22... Is yours a black or nickle? The black coating got in the way of it closing for me, so I sanded some of the coating off and it snapped right into place.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Anyone have an opinion on the Raven 25ACP from Phoenix Arms? I've got one that was a "throw in" on another gun purchase years ago, and I've never shot it or bought ammo for it.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #16

Mine is black. Also i bent the takedown lever and they are going to send me a few new ones for free. I got so caught up with my other weapons that the hp25 was just sitting for a while. And thanks you just gave me some advice that no one else mentioned.

Last edited by justdon; 07-08-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #17

I thought about picking one of these up but is says to only use standard velocity target ammunition. I would want to be able to run high velocity through it.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #18

you can use high velocity and I have, but you wouldnt want to all the time. i just have a mag or 2 loaded with high velocity for home defense. when i go range i use cci mini mags or standard velocity.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #19

can it handle stingers?

Old 07-09-2010, 03:39 AM   #20

I havent tried the stingers, but I have used Aguila .22 interceptor (1470) fps. 3 or 4 mags and had no problems.

and the CCI mini mags are 1235 fps.

the standard CCI are 1070 fps.

stick with mini mags and you get the best of both worlds =)

like I said, hyper velocity rounds are not something you want to use all the time and they are less accurate than the standard or mini mags too. but I keep some for emergency use.