Personal Experience With Desert Eagle
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Personal Experience With Desert Eagle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Personal Experience With Desert Eagle

Though the circumstances sucked(my parents divorced), I was able to get my hands on a .44 Mark 7 Desert Eagle for free. First thing I'd like to mention, is, I would be very unlikely to buy one, but I thought I'd give a review on the weapon.

The gun is much to heavy too be a viable carry weapon(captain obvious). Likewise, the .44 is not the best defensive round unless you're shooting intruders through a few walls. The gun is also sensitive to proper holding technique(it jams if you "limp wrist" the weapon), and also, ammo. Lighter .44 loads don't cycle the slide correctly, and of course, you can't use lead bullets. When I fired the weapon as a kid, my dad had bullets loaded up to 1500fps.

On the plus side however, the gun is extremely fun to shoot. The recoil is much less then the hot 10mm loads through the Delta Elite(i fired both guns when I was 10). The gun is very easy to take apart and clean(aside from the spring and bolt assembly, which is a pain and caused me to shoot myself in the eye with the spring). Likewise, the stories of the weapon's accuracy are true. At a hundred yards, we were shooting groups the size of a fist(of course my dad made the mistake of purchasing a cheap scope and the Desert Eagle ripped it apart). He even did some 200 yard shooting with decent accuracy.

Ok, that's all

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here