Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Peoples perception of various makes and brand names

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3836 Times on 2296 Posts
Likes Given: 3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Actually, my sister has a kel tec, that little copy of the LCP in 380. No complaints on reliability or function, only that it's uncomfortable to shoot...
Come on Trip how can I have fun teasing if you make me feel bad teasing your sisters gun!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #32

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post

Yeah, you're right id rather not catch anything.
Great idea, you might get cock legged...er...GLOCK legged...

Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #33

Liked 162 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Have you noticed that Glock rimes with rock? Coincidence ?

I don't think so.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post

Come on Trip how can I have fun teasing if you make me feel bad teasing your sisters gun!
Pick on GLOCK?

No, seriously, I think that GLOCKs are fine pistols for what they are. A cheap assed hooyah built the same way my son's Chinese toys are. It just happens to work.

I think they're severely overpriced though.

It's the fanboys who consider Gaston Glock a God, and the pistol as his prophet's staff, and they challenge your sexuality or erotic habits if you don't bow down and worship, that piss me off.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #35

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

I have a buddy who is a total brand snob and ammo snob. In his eyes of its not a Springfield its junk. If its not chambered in 30-06 or 40s&w you need to throw it away. Love the guy to death, but id also love to kick him in the nuts just cuz he's my best friend and annoying Lol. In reality he's missing out on a lot of fun guns.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3836 Times on 2296 Posts
Likes Given: 3225

Ok Trip, if you insist...

Glock Leg

Old 05-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
I have a buddy who is a total brand snob and ammo snob. In his eyes of its not a Springfield its junk. If its not chambered in 30-06 or 40s&w you need to throw it away. Love the guy to death, but id also love to kick him in the nuts just cuz he's my best friend and annoying Lol. In reality he's missing out on a lot of fun guns.
Lemme guess, he's also an Xd addict?

I pack a Springfield, milspec 1911 that I've dressed up a little... Great gun. Best? hmmm.....

Let me give my perception of best...
I have a Springer. Forged frame and slide. Lifetime warranty, and the CS has a reputation of being quite awesome. It's been 100% reliable, right out of the box, except for exactly 3 flea market reloads that were loaded quite possibly very dangerously out of spec. One of the bullets was actually quite visibly seated crooked. That one actually fired. I ran these through it just to see what would happen. It was a box of 50.

Now, maybe my buddy has a G17. 17 rounds of 9MM, polymer frame. Does GLOCK have good CS? I don't know, but for the sake of this analogy, I'll say they're comparable to Springfield's, as well as their warranty. The manual says not to put non jacketed lead bullets through it, but that doesn't matter, neither of us reload, we just buy cheap WWB (this IS an imaginary friend, by the way. None of my friends shoot GLOCKS).

Let's say they both run over 30,000 rounds without so much as a recoil spring replacement, before they both fail at exactly 30,001 rounds. From different causes, or the same cause, I quote Hitlery, "What does it matter at this point?"

So... which one was best?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #38

Id like to own a glock but the fan club really ruined it for me. If someone gave me one, hell yeah id be a happy mofo. But there are other pistols id purchase over a glock

Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #39

Quote:

Great idea, you might get cock legged...er...GLOCK legged...
Yeah, that sounds just as fun as the crabs I.... ugh..

Old 05-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #40

Liked 1729 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:

It's the fanboys who consider Gaston Glock a God, and the pistol as his prophet's staff, and they challenge your sexuality or erotic habits if you don't bow down and worship, that piss me off.
But then there are the 1911 only fans on the other end of the spectrum. "Gotta have 3 safeties or you're gonna shoot yersself fer shure". "If it ain't forged American steel then it sux and it's not worth anything." "If it doesn't push a .45 cal pill, then no one will feel it if they get shot with it".

Back in the '80s and 90's, I remember "experts" claiming 1911s weren't worth a crap for reliability if you didn't have them properly smithed or if you fed them anything but FMJ. If they were reliable then they were usually so loose that you could'nt hit the broad side of a barn with them.

I'm glad I don't limit myself, that much or I'd have missed out on Glocks, and 1911s. I enjoy both, along with many other guns out there.