Peoples perception of various makes and brand names
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Peoples perception of various makes and brand names

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Peoples perception of various makes and brand names

No individual should have the right to criticise owners of Firearm brands that each chooses for a what ever reason. One thong's for certain though, it's physically impossible for EVERYBODY on the planet to agree on a specific Brand or make of gun.
therefore

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplosv8u View Post
No individual should have the right to criticise owners of Firearm brands that each chooses for a what ever reason. One thong's for certain though, it's physically impossible for EVERYBODY on the planet to agree on a specific Brand or make of gun.
therefore
I'm guessing you mean "...One thing's for certain..." not "thong's. It's really not "a right" we're talking about but view or opinion. Difference of opinion is what makes horse racing a big business. Anyway, my $.02 FWIW.

Last edited by johnr1943; 05-16-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: spelling - as usual

Old 05-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #3

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
No individual should have the right to criticize owners of Firearm brands that each chooses for a what ever reason.
Not what the title of your thread indicates, but a reasonable preamble to the discussion.

I can not claim to know what everyone else's reasoning is in their choices, but for me the first step is to decide what type of handgun I feel I need or want. They general service a specific purpose (HD, target shooting, IDPA matches, etc..) and then choose the caliber I feel will best suit my purpose. As an example, for SD/HD I like 45 ACP's, for IDPA 9mm, for target shooting at the range 22 LR or 9mm.

Once that choice is made, I look at what is available for that purpose and narrow it down to about 3 or 4 pistols. I then go out to a local gun store (usually Cabela's) and actually see how they feel in the hand and how well made or poorly made each one is. The next criteria is price, not being rich or having a lot of extra cash, it is important that they are in a range I can afford. Upon narrowing it down to 2 guns, I then look at the features of each and what I require or feel best that they have. It must have a hammer (no striker fire pistols, although I did by one a Taurus PT-140), it must have a barrel over 3 inches long (have sold off all my short barrel pistols, just do not like them) and it must a have a crisp trigger with no over travel or creep.

As to brand, I am not that tied to one or another manufacturer but how each model works for MY needs and likes, yes some brands have better reviews than others, but any manufacturer can have a lemon in their line of pistols and most do. I try to stay away from those that are perceived as lemons, but it usually is one model in any manufacturers line of pistols.

I don't know if this helps or not, but it is how I make my choice.
Jim

Old 05-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #4

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
therefore
I am not sure what you mean by "criticize"; however if you mean offering my opinion of the quality of manufacture and the suitability of a particular firearm for a particular purpose, then, yes, I believe I have that right. Otherwise what are old guys like me good for?
Old 05-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #5

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum

I am not sure what you mean by "criticize"; however if you mean offering my opinion of the quality of manufacture and the suitability of a particular firearm for a particular purpose, then, yes, I believe I have that right. Otherwise what are old guys like me good for?
Amen.

Furthermore, thongs crawl up my &$@.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #6

Liked 416 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

Quote:
therefore
danm that freedom of speech.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

A lively discussion concerning pro's and con's of various makes and models can be very useful if done in a civil manner. The stuff that gets to be painful is when people get started bad-mouthing or ridiculing each other if somebody doesn't agree with what somebody else says. Also, each person's opinion of a particular make or model is often based upon his/her personal experience with a sample of that gun. Sometimes, though, people will spew out a tirade against a particular type of gun when they have no experience with it, so you have to be careful about considering the source as well as the opinion presented.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2815 Times on 1639 Posts
Likes Given: 1640

Yo xplo..., do you really think people are not going to criticize a decision another has made, when people are ridiculously judgemental about features that others have no control over, like race, height, gender, etc.? C'mon man! This is the internet, not a church pew.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I do not think it is the brand of thong, but the person wearing the thong.

sexy-fail-obese-woman-thong-fat_13140099114.jpg  
Old 05-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I do not think it is the brand of thong, but the person wearing the thong.
Is that Barbara Boxer in that picture?