You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Parent who dont like guns.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I live by: what they don't know won't Hurt them. If an intruder breaks in and you have to use it and they don't know you have it,then they will understand why you have the gun. I have a 3 and a 1 1/2 yr old I have 3 handguns and several shot guns in the house if the unfortunate person that try's to do harm to my family is in trouble. My 3 yr old knows not to touch daddies gun and I work with him on gun safety as much as I can (attention span on a 3 yr old is very short.) But it's your call I know what I would do but that's me.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

You have a son an u live with your parents?? An u want to change their mind on certain subjects?? Move out an then u wont have to worry about who likes what in YOUR HOUSE.
I have a son and no I don't live with my parents, I live in there rental house that I'm fixing up. And trust me, the second I'm able I'm out of this place lol

Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

That is similar to what one of my sisters said; she said she would run away and leave them to take what they want. My response was basically "what if they aren't there for your stuff; what if they are their for your life?". Her response indicated that she hadn't fully considered that.

Having met some interesting and diverse people in my life, i can assure you/them/her that there are people out there who would enjoy killing a person just to watch them die.
I know there r tons on true storys, of that happening and I'm trying to show them.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #44

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Took my 13 and 9 year old shooting today. They shot handguns (.380, 9mm) and a .22 bolt action rifle. Every time we are on our way to shoot I make them repeat safety rules. They ever violate a rule, they're done shooting for the day. Never had a problem with my kids. They know they are dangerous, so there's never any fooling around. If I didn't have a two year old, I would feel comfortable leaving loaded guns unsecured in my home .... I never will do that, but that's how much I trust my boys.

If you don't talk to your kids and spend time talking about guns, THEN they will get curious and get into trouble.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My inlaws are the same way, I turned it around on them and said I'm not sure about letting my children spend the night in a house protected by nothing more than 911 and a senior citizen with a baseball bat. I wasn't trying to be a jerk , just being honest. It shut em up regardless. I do get a perverse pleasure if I uhh just happen to be cleaning a gun or two if they stop by. I know its wrong and does us "gun nuts" no service but with these people , their hopless it wouldn't matter if I had a safe locked in a safe . You should see how uncomfortable and skeeved out they get. You'd think I had a black mamba in each hand, the funny part is they try to act like it doesn't bother them , but you can tell their anxiety level is through the roof. I don't know, maybe I am a jerk? Damn hillbilly , bumpkin, rednecks . Maybe Ill put on an episode of HeeHaw next time too. Its ussually TSC anyway . The irony is they'll watch hrs of graphic shootem up shows CSI's and all that stuff, whatever

Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrower
Took my 13 and 9 year old shooting today. They shot handguns (.380, 9mm) and a .22 bolt action rifle. Every time we are on our way to shoot I make them repeat safety rules. They ever violate a rule, they're done shooting for the day. Never had a problem with my kids. They know they are dangerous, so there's never any fooling around. If I didn't have a two year old, I would feel comfortable leaving loaded guns unsecured in my home .... I never will do that, but that's how much I trust my boys.

If you don't talk to your kids and spend time talking about guns, THEN they will get curious and get into trouble.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk
That's what I'm going to do with my kids, he won't even touch it when I have it out cleaning it. So I think he is understanding Lil by Lil.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTF
My inlaws are the same way, I turned it around on them and said I'm not sure about letting my children spend the night in a house protected by nothing more than 911 and a senior citizen with a baseball bat. I wasn't trying to be a jerk , just being honest. It shut em up regardless. I do get a perverse pleasure if I uhh just happen to be cleaning a gun or two if they stop by. I know its wrong and does us "gun nuts" no service but with these people , their hopless it wouldn't matter if I had a safe locked in a safe . You should see how uncomfortable and skeeved out they get. You'd think I had a black mamba in each hand, the funny part is they try to act like it doesn't bother them , but you can tell their anxiety level is through the roof. I don't know, maybe I am a jerk? Damn hillbilly , bumpkin, rednecks . Maybe Ill put on an episode of HeeHaw next time too. Its ussually TSC anyway . The irony is they'll watch hrs of graphic shootem up shows CSI's and all that stuff, whatever
Lol my parents watch Miami 210 or something which is like CSI and they see what ppl r capable of but it just not sinking in, o well all I know is I'll be ready to protect them with my guns and maybe they will get one someday.